Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Sat 11-Feb-12 11:03:50
Print Post

Thumbs up to Sony

[link to this post]

How long as the PS3 been out now? I dunno but mine (and others I've spoken to) have always been bad at keeping time. I don't mean 'not entirely precise' - I mean 'two months later and it's out by more than half an hour'.

Now being a modern internet capable computer it can of course set its time that way. But only if you do it manually.

But no more! An update has been released that syncs the clock from PSN when you sign in. Wow! Sony have finally figured out how to do that. They apparently still need you to sign into PSN rather than just bimbling off to a convenient time server but it's a start.

Way to go Sony - cutting edge software development as ever crazy.

Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he can smile
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 11-Feb-12 22:07:02
Print Post

Re: Thumbs up to Sony

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

Sony always like to adopt an unconvemtial way of doing the simple things. It must work for them given how many all Sony set ups you see.

O2 Standard (8Mbps LLU)
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Sun 12-Feb-12 08:50:01
Print Post

Re: Thumbs up to Sony

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gomezz:
Sony always like to adopt an unconvemtial way of doing the simple things. It must work for them given how many all Sony set ups you see.
Their hardware is nearly always excellent. It's the software that is so often a bit manky. Like their portable music players. Have you ever used Sonic Stage? It made iTunes look positive svelte :-/

Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he can smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to