Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Wed 17-Oct-12 12:46:16
Print Post

Replacement 21"-22" monitor sought

[link to this post]

My 10+ year old monitor died on Monday (RIP) so I'm using an old spare until I get a proper replacement.

My main use is normal office and web stuff, some image editing, nothing too demanding.

However and replacement must be less than 51cm wide (52 at an pinch but preferably not). I also want 1920x1080 resolution. Height adjustment would be nice, though not essential. DVI also a must.

My current thinking is a BenQ G2222HDL 21.5-inch, mainly based on my son's recommendation, he's delighted with it though would have preferred height adjustment.

Any suggestions?

Tony
Standard User MHC
(legend) Wed 17-Oct-12 20:21:06
Print Post

Re: Replacement 21"-22" monitor sought

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

The Samsung range are certainly worth looking at - and not expensive. They are well above Benq in terms of quality and reliability.

The other I would recommend is the LG range - again better quality but not quite up to teh Samsung level. I have had an LG 21.5" 1920x1080 for about 2 years and it is certainly better than the Benqs I have seen in that time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Thu 18-Oct-12 16:57:01
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

If a monitor has HDMI rather than DVI can I just use a DVI to HDMI cable from PC to monitor such as this one?

Tony

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(legend) Thu 18-Oct-12 18:15:01
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

I believe you can but you need DVI to HDMI and not HDMI to DVI.

But rather than take a chance why not choose a monitor with DVI, HDMI and VGA inputs? My LG E2250V has all three and there are plenty out there that do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
  Print Thread

Jump to