Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User GeoffB
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 12-May-14 07:41:10
Print Post

Wireless printer SX535WD

[link to this post]

I have an Epson SX535WD and I have set it up to use wireless. The connected computers occasionally lose the connection and the printer properties box says it's offline (yes, I have switched it on!). I did a network diagnostics print off and I'm told there is a channel conflict at my router. Does this mean that I need to change the channel the router is using? I get an excellent connection at all the remote computers so I'm a bit reluctant to do this, or are wireless printers more prone to interference?
Is there a cheap and cheerful program I can download that lets me see which channels nearby networks are using - the Hub3 says to try certain ones first and I've tried 6 and 11 but the problems persists.
If I simply connect by USB cable (remember those?) to the nearest computer will that mess up all the other settings for the wireless network and cause conflicts? Although the printer has a USB port there's nothing in the documentation about it (that I can find).
There's also an Ethernet port on the printer but again the online docs are useless really - why can't we have good old printed manuals?

Dell Studio1558 with Win7 Home Premium
8GB RAM
HP Pavilion netbook Win8 6GB RAM
IE11 and Live Mail
BT Infinity via HH3
(Virgin 100Mbs as backup)
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 12-May-14 13:07:35
Print Post

Re: Wireless printer SX535WD

[re: GeoffB] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by GeoffB:
Is there a cheap and cheerful program I can download that lets me see which channels nearby networks are using
Try Free InSSIDer:
THIS ONE------>
inSSIDer Office For use with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
Version 3.1.0.100 (July 31st, 2013) Release Notes Download

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to