Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Dualcore
(learned) Sun 30-Nov-14 20:51:48
Print Post

HP Deskjet 720C inkjet prob

[link to this post]

I have an HP Deskjet 720C printer with Tri-colour plus black cartridges. The dying Tri-colour works but needs replacing. So I bought on the web two new #23 Tri-colour cartridges and both fail. They both cause the amber light to ignite.

I removed the new cartridge and fit the old cartridge in and the amber light extinguished and I can immediately print (though of poor quailty). Yes I have removed the new cartridges stickers and yes the cartridges are properly fitted.

What causes the amber light to come on and what do I need to help myself. It is Sunday and I have sent a complaint to the web supplier and I await his response.

The two new Tri-colour cartridges look exactly the same as the working old one. Bruce +++

Me dim as an 85-year-old Toc-H lamp
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 30-Nov-14 23:30:03
Print Post

Re: HP Deskjet 720C inkjet prob

[re: Dualcore] [link to this post]

Get a new printer. The Desktop 720c is outrageously old!

AAISP Home::1
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 01-Dec-14 00:12:03
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

I still have an hp710c running on win 8.1, my colour cartridge is also about to run out. The yellow light means the printer needs a paper feed. There is also a chance the cartridges have dried out.

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Enta
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 01-Dec-14 14:41:21
Print Post

[re: Dualcore] [link to this post]

Did you check the HP Warranty Ends date on the packets? A lotta online resellers, exc. HP, are selling expired ones which might be OK but does not inspire confidence.

I always buy from HP for this reason but I do get a discount.

I still have an HP 895Cxi which uses the same cartridges and it is still working perfectly.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to