Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User smiffy12
(experienced) Mon 16-Feb-15 12:53:29
Print Post

Bluetooth Problem

[link to this post]

Hello,

I've a Toshiba laptop with Realtek Bluetooth hardware. I've reinstalled W7 pro 32 bit from a MS OEM disk. I've downloaded the Bluetooth driver, Bluetooth stack and Bluetooth monitor software. (All other hardware is installed as is the chipset driver). This BT software is installed and the hardware looks to be OK. Trouble is, I can't connect to anything. The Bluetooth icon on the task bar is OK - a blue oval with the white Bluetooth logo inside that. When I try to connect to a BT speaker, it looks on line for drivers and cant find any. Similarly, when I try to connect to my iPhone, it looks online for drivers and can't find any. It also appears to look locally first. I've never had to install drivers for BT before, is there something I'm missing? Sorry if this appears extremely dense of me, but I'm a little stumped.
Standard User longedge
(member) Tue 17-Feb-15 18:22:18
Print Post

Re: Bluetooth Problem

[re: smiffy12] [link to this post]

I have constant prblems with bluetooth on my Sony laptop. I've found that deleting all the entries under Bluetooth in Device Manager and then re-detecting devices is the only way I can get things working again. I don't pretend to understand what's happening but it works for me.
  Print Thread

Jump to