Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User micksharpe
(legend) Fri 30-Oct-15 18:59:45
Print Post

Unlocking a 2Wire 2700HGV router

[link to this post]

I have a 2700HGV modem-router that I would like to unlock and keep as a spare modem-router. The power brick failed some years ago and I do not know if it borked the router. I have bought a replacement power brick and the router powers up but it does not establish an ADSL connection. The Internet LED keeps flashing no matter how long I leave it switched on and the Broadband LED never lights at all.

AFAIK, the management web interface is not enabled until you get some sort of ADSL connection (at least, I have not been able to access it) so it seems to be impossible for me to ascertain the state of the router unless it can establish some sort of connection. Ideally, I would like to unlock it and upgrade the firmware to get WPA2-PSK wireless encryption, since the current firmware only supports WEP.

Any suggestions? The Tripod site doesn't give any guidelines as far as I can see for this situation.

Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him. -- Groucho Marx
Standard User ian007jen
(committed) Sun 01-Nov-15 18:16:01
Print Post

Re: Unlocking a 2Wire 2700HGV router

[re: micksharpe] [link to this post]

Just seen your post.....that is the website you need; but is unclear what method to use to unlock.

I always got a web interface though, so it may well be broken, so if you follow the method below you will reset to factory defaults.

I have never failed using the hurl=13 method...http://bt2700hgv.tripod.com/063.htm

and scroll down to
Simple instructions for BT 270x models to be used on OpenReach 20CN/21CN broadband connections.

Ian
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 02-Nov-15 15:02:17
Print Post

Re: Unlocking a 2Wire 2700HGV router

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

Have successfully used that method too. The last time took two or three attempts to get it to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to