Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User spranglebolt
(member) Mon 02-Nov-15 11:58:32
Print Post

Canon can? Canon won't!

[link to this post]

So we just bought a new Canon printer/scanner. It's the well-rated MG6650.

Connected by USB to a laptop, and listed thereon as the default printer. Have used it happily to print from laptop screens and files. Also to copy successfully, i.e. scan direct to print without saving to the pc. No probs, but . . .

Scanning proper can allegedly be via USB to a file on your PC or to an email attachment. Here I started tearing what's left of my hair. This Canon just loves to talk to itself, saying 'Please wait momentarily' - which is surely an offence against the English language? Then . . . nothing.

OK, I think, looks as if I'll have to RTFI. However the manual downloadable on-line is an unbelievable 960 pages. That's not a mistype - 960 pages. In English, not one of the other 23 languages shown on the IKEA-type setup instructions. Is this a Guinness record? Further, although there are several pages listing contents, there is no index.

So, after waffling on about all that irritation, my question is - do any of you gurus have this printer/scanner? And can you please bail me out?
Standard User spranglebolt
(member) Tue 03-Nov-15 10:40:49
Print Post

Re: Canon can? Canon won't!

[re: spranglebolt] [link to this post]

Finally, I've reverted to the generic Windows Fax and Scan, which rather defeats the object, don't you think?.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 03-Nov-15 11:01:30
Print Post

What's the object?

If you want to scan to a PC, use the IJ Scan Utility - or Windows Fax and Scan.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Thu 05-Nov-15 17:25:04
Print Post

I use a Canon utility called MP Navigator to scan documents on my MP210 printer.

Works OK. Will save a document of several pages as a single pdf file.

Michael Chare
  Print Thread

Jump to