Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 09-Dec-15 10:09:20
Print Post

Mouse is dying

[link to this post]

My poor Logitech G500 mouse is on it's way out, scroll wheel is not working very well and is getting stiff. i did try to clean it, but it is still not workking as it should, so time to buy a new mouse.

I looked to see if they was still produced, but nope and a second hand one is from £70 up to £200, crazy. I have found some G500s mice, which looks ok and almost the same as mine, but with a better sensor, but again this have been discontinued and the chepest is around £41 and either from Chine or the U.S.A.

The one that took the place of that one is the G502 Proteus Core. The 502 looks strange, it do not look like a normal mouse, but the reviews are pretty good.

I wish they would keep to designs that work instead of mucking about with things.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User TinyMongomery
(experienced) Wed 09-Dec-15 11:09:55
Print Post

Re: Mouse is dying

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

http://www.rectatech.com/logitech-gaming-mouse-g500-...
Standard User derekdel
(regular) Wed 09-Dec-15 20:47:56
Print Post

I bought/ordered 3 x G502 from Amazon and sent them back as I found them far too small for my hands. Width wise.
Functionality they are fantastic.
I am still using my last surviving G9x, damn good mouse and I agree with you on fiddling with their designs. All in progress I suppose..

Amazon where doing a deal on the G602 wireless earlier for £32 a fair price.

ZeN Line 1 BQM
ZeN Line 2 BQM
BT Backhaul sucks

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 09-Dec-15 21:12:06
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TinyMongomery:
http://www.rectatech.com/logitech-gaming-mouse-g500-...

aaahhhhh

Thanks, I wished I saw that earlier, I ordered the 502 now.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 09-Dec-15 21:14:21
Print Post

[re: derekdel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by derekdel:
I bought/ordered 3 x G502 from Amazon and sent them back as I found them far too small for my hands. Width wise.
Functionality they are fantastic.
I am still using my last surviving G9x, damn good mouse and I agree with you on fiddling with their designs. All in progress I suppose..

Amazon where doing a deal on the G602 wireless earlier for £32 a fair price.

I hope they fit my hand, I ordered a 502 now, I like the old 500 it is a simple mouse that works, I like the free wheel part.
I am not a lover of wireless mice to be honest, i did have a couple with chargers over the years.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 12-Dec-15 10:09:10
Print Post

Well it is here, not sure what to think of it to be honest, the door where the weights go in is a bit iffy, only held on by a magnet and the scroll wheel seems a bit loose. We will see

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User derekdel
(regular) Sat 19-Dec-15 11:30:45
Print Post

I found the scroll wheel to be great on fast scrolling but when stopped jumped a few lines, also the lack of rubber on the actual wheel was too 'smooth' for me.

I loved the button configuration also.

I've been using the wireless 602 for a few days now and its ok but you know.......

ZeN Line 1 BQM
ZeN Line 2 BQM
BT Backhaul sucks
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 19-Dec-15 21:50:35
Print Post

[re: derekdel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by derekdel:
I found the scroll wheel to be great on fast scrolling but when stopped jumped a few lines, also the lack of rubber on the actual wheel was too 'smooth' for me.

I loved the button configuration also.

I've been using the wireless 602 for a few days now and its ok but you know.......

i am getting used to it, but it seems to be over sensitive and I sometimes miss cut points on Vegas, I really should use the keyboard more.

I do not like wireless mice, fed up of them dying on me when I am doing something important.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
  Print Thread

Jump to