Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Dec-15 19:15:11
Print Post

Nvidia drivers

[link to this post]

What the heck is going on at NVIDIA, every driver they have produced since 347.88 has major bugs with the latest version providing BSODs and TDRs. I eagerly check the NVIDIA forums on each release of drivers but even most gamers recommending that people use 347.88 . I have stuck with 347.88 as that is the last stable version. Anyone know what is going on at NVIDIA?

Tim
www.xilo.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg LLU
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 30-Dec-15 05:01:03
Print Post

Re: Nvidia drivers

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

NVIDIA drivers do occasionally introduce bugs but they are usually very quick to fix them. I'm not having any such problems with my 750Ti card which probably uses the same driver as your card assuming its a new one... Is your BIOS latest version etc?

AAISP Home::1
Standard User TinyMongomery
(experienced) Wed 30-Dec-15 07:52:16
Print Post

I've had no problems with the NVidia drivers on Windows 8 and 10 or Linux (and I always update to the newest one). My card is fairly old (GT450).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 30-Dec-15 09:35:58
Print Post

It use to be ATI/AMD that use to have problems with drivers, now they are much better and I am hearing the same that Nvidia now have problems, I know a couple of people who have been having a moan about Nvidia drivers,

I have not use Nvidia for years, but the drivers was ok then,

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 30-Dec-15 10:55:02
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

Quickly? Nvidia have been offering up the same "updated" driver for my nettop for the past few years even though whenever I try to install it it eventually says it is not suitable for my device.

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 30-Dec-15 21:05:59
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

BIOS is up to date its a GT610 from Asus and doesn't like anything past 347.88 on Windows 10 so I have had to hide newer drivers on windows update.

Tim
www.xilo.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg LLU
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...
  Print Thread

Jump to