Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ZenUserJP
(committed) Fri 08-Jan-16 17:09:46
Print Post

HP Instant Ink

[link to this post]

Hi,

I've recently signed up to this and I wondered if anyone else has been using it? basically it cost me £49 for a decent printer and then I pay £7,99 a month for up to 300 pages and all the ink I need. I do a lot of photos and I am already 1/4 through my cartridges and I have more on the way.

I got 6 months free also, which I thought was pretty radical!

Anyone else got any experience or views on this please?

https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en
Standard User ZenUserJP
(committed) Sat 30-Jan-16 11:11:48
Print Post

Re: HP Instant Ink

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

So no one has an opinion of any experience of this?

fantastic.
Standard User micksharpe
(legend) Sat 30-Jan-16 11:17:30
Print Post

It sounds like a good deal. I had noticed it before and if I had an HP photo printer, I might be interested.

Re-post in The Park and you'll get plenty of opinions, not necessarily all helpful. wink

"No need to run and hide. It's a wonderful, wonderful life."
Colin Vearncombe, 1962-2016

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 30-Jan-16 17:14:49
Print Post

It seems ok if you use your printer a lot, HP is normally one of the more expensive printers to replace ink anyway. but i don't get why it is based on pages. Seems a bit strange as you may print a few pages in better quality than others. Do it mean that you could be wasting ink?

Never been a fan of HP printers, their scanners yes.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 14-Feb-16 17:23:18
Print Post

this is a way for HP to keep the money normally spent else where on 3rd party ink.

for me I am on a HP printer that can not get this service. When I did the numbers it is still (just) worth me keeping the current printer and buying existing HP original ink for the number of pages I print. If I happen to print more (in a spurt) I buy 3rd party ink for that print run.

I suppose what I am saying is that for some its ok, for others its better buying from the 3rd market.

IanD
  Print Thread

Jump to