Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User samulam
(committed) Wed 22-Jun-16 16:34:49
Print Post

pink screen laptop

[link to this post]

I have experienced a strange phenomena, my laptop (dell) screen turns pink at random. I noticed that I am not the only one. However I have not found a solution.The only option for me is to shut down the laptop, and so far when it comes round, the screen shows the right colour.
Standard User cheshire_man
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-Jun-16 17:02:47
Print Post

Re: pink screen laptop

[re: samulam] [link to this post]

Sounds like a graphics card problem, or possibly the screen's connections to the MB. Might be worth connecting an external monitor if available and seeing if that suffers the same.

Tony
Happily running Windows 10 Pro on both desktop and laptop
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 23-Jun-16 11:50:20
Print Post

Re: pink screen laptop

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by cheshire_man:
Sounds like a graphics card problem, or possibly the screen's connections to the MB. Might be worth connecting an external monitor if available and seeing if that suffers the same.

On one of my Dell laptops there are two video cards - the onboard Intel and a separate nVidia which tends to be used to drive external devices. So, the OP would need to know which outputs use the same video card - normally just a 15pin VGA, if available.

Might also be a heat issue SPECCY is good for monitoring temperatures on the motherboard, CPU and (in certain cases) Graphics card/processor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Edited by MHC (Thu 23-Jun-16 12:09:43)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to