Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 20-Nov-16 18:42:56
Print Post

Inkjet printer tip

[link to this post]

My printer was printing a line every two minutes, someone suggested shaking the cartridges and it worked back to fast printing, HP Deskjet D1460, so when ink is low shake the cartridges.

Tim
www.xilo.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg LLU
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 20-Nov-16 19:45:21
Print Post

Re: Inkjet printer tip

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Banger:
My printer was printing a line every two minutes, someone suggested shaking the cartridges and it worked back to fast printing, HP Deskjet D1460, so when ink is low shake the cartridges.

We do that at work, we have HP lasers, useless heap of junk they are, not sure of the model numbers, but we have two different types and i know they get a lot of use but they go wrong so often.

We had a new brother all in one laser about 3 months back, a different kettle of fish, it is quiet, reliable at the moment and the print quality is so much better than the Hp.

but yeah the shaking of the cartridge seems to work when they are getting low

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User cheshire_man
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 20-Nov-16 21:13:44
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

On my HP Laser the instructions actually say to shake the toner cartridge when it's getting low.

Tony
Happily running Windows 10 Pro on both desktop and laptop
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TinyMongomery
(knowledge is power) Sun 20-Nov-16 21:30:25
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

It's standard practice. Breaks up any clumps in the toner and redistributes it evenly. Much the same as shaking a new cartridge when you install it.

I've never heard of this with inkjetss.

===============================
Sovereignty means sovereignty
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 21-Nov-16 17:34:33
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by cheshire_man:
On my HP Laser the instructions actually say to shake the toner cartridge when it's getting low.

Oh right, i see, must be why we do it it then, I do not own a laser myself, I also just noticed this thread was about inkjet printers. smile

My printer have clear ink tanks so I can see what ink is in them and when they are empty they are empty.

What people got to be careful off, certainly with canons anyway is that the ink act as a lubricant as well, so running the printer so there is no more ink going though the print head could damage it. this maybe why the printers do not keep printing until there is no ink.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8.1 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
  Print Thread

Jump to