Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User philippercival
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Nov-18 17:23:15
Print Post

Maplin Sentient CCTV log in

[link to this post]

I have a Sentient 960 H cctv system for monitoring the outside of the house. It was set up a few years ago, by me and i was able to monitor the cameras from My desktop.

This was done by accessing the ip address of the DVR and logging in with a username and password. |The DVR runs a small webserver.

I have not actually looked at it for some time (several months) and decided to make sure the cameras we all working.

When I tried to log in, which has to be done through internet explorer as this is the only thing which the active X plug in is written for, I just got a message which said "Time Out".

I dug the DVR out of the attic and hooked up a screen and monitor. This allowed me to check the password and set up a new user and check the cameras were working. However I can not log in through the web interface.

Any clues as to maybe why.

If I disable the addon in IE then the webpage tells me the active X control is missing.

I also wondered if anyone else on here has one of these and could check it is still working in case it is something to do with an IE update.

It was bought from Maplin, so going back to them is impossible.

Standard User dwg1
(regular) Fri 09-Nov-18 22:27:00
Print Post

Re: Maplin Sentient CCTV log in

[re: philippercival] [link to this post]

Looking at the brief model description you gave it looks like it runs via a cloud service. I am assuming you get to the login screen, so that rules out a local IP problem. My suggestion would be to restore IE back to defaults initially. If this still doesn't help, try changing the IP of your DVR. IE will then prompt to re-install the active-x applet as technically it's a different Web Site it is accessing. If still no go try logging in using a Android/Apple app (the cloud service will need to be enabled) and the app can still be configured to use the internal IP address/network.
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Nov-18 23:33:53
Print Post

[re: dwg1] [link to this post]

I have never turned on the cloud service bit, only accessing it on my own network. I will give that a try - soon.

Thank you

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Sat 10-Nov-18 17:36:18
Print Post

Un installed IE and changed the IP address of the DVR. And uninstalled and reinstalled the IVSWeb.exe file which I am pretty sure installs the Active x control.

When I try now I get a new message "Active X control is not registered".

I have tried from the setting menu adding a site to an App IVSWEB, but that makes no difference.

In Manage addons It does not show as loaded. If I select show all and click on the more options it shows the old IP address, so I changed this to any site. Still says not registered.

Visited Internet Option - Security - Custom level and sel everthing I can see to do with ACtive x to either enable or prompt. No difference.

(knowledge is power) Sat 10-Nov-18 18:06:38
Print Post

I found an addon for Chomr called IE tab, which can make Chrome behave like IE.

With this operation in Chrome I am back to the "Time Out" message.

Had enough for today

Thanks in advance for any more hints

Standard User mbames
(member) Sun 16-Dec-18 10:07:40
Print Post

The ActiveX component may no longer work with newer version of IE/Edge.

The timeout almost suggests that you are using the wron IP address for the DVR unit, is it set to static or DHCP? Can you verify the IP address via the monitor attached and then confirm you can ping it from another machine?

Vodafone Fibre (Superfast2 - 80/20), Draytek 130, DrayTek 2925, DrayTek AP-910c x 2
(Gone but not forgotten: AP-700, 2820n x 2, 2800vg, 2800, HG612)

Speedtests:
ThinkBB - Mini | ThinkBB - Full | Speedtest.net
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Dec-18 23:47:52
Print Post

[re: mbames] [link to this post]

I am using the correct address and get the page from the DVR to log into. but it reports that the activex control is not registered.

Standard User SamirD
(newbie) Wed 13-Mar-19 04:25:10
Print Post

A bit late to the party, but I've across this before on different brands of the DVRs. Basically, your IE has been updated and doesn't work with their activex control anymore.

You could try booting up a legacy version of windows that you know worked and see if that works (which I believe it should). If it does, then great, but then you're facing having to keep a legacy system around.

But this problem can be solved pretty easily too--get a thin client that runs the os you need and then simply remote desktop into the thin client which is on your network connecting to your dvr. It's not the most elegant solution, but it does work.
  Print Thread

Jump to