User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
ISP Representative drtobak
(isp) Thu 22-Dec-11 09:08:17
Print Post

Welcome to Hyperoptic!

[link to this post]

It is a real pleasure to be back on the thinkbroadband forums hosting Hyperoptic and bringing the fastest available residential service in the UK. For those of you who've been following the broadband market for sometime you'll recognise myself and my business parter (Boris Ivanovic) as the ones who originally brought Be unlimited to the uk - the first to launch the up to 24 Meg broadband that is standard across all ISPs just 6 years later.

We are currently targeting residential buildings with more that 50 residents in London, although we plan to expand our services in the new year to other cities. We will also be launching our leased line replacement services and business products shortly and are currently in trials.

We will be monitoring the forum and encouraging lively conversation on our services, our rollout, and fibre optic technology generally. If you'd like a more confidential chat feel to use contact@hyperoptic.com.

Lets bring the full fibre revolution to the UK together!

Dana Pressman Tobak
Managing Director

Hyperoptic Ltd
Unit C401, Westfield London
Ariel Way
London, W12 7FD
United Kingdom
www.hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User alesarco
(learned) Thu 22-Dec-11 11:29:50
Print Post

Re: Welcome to Hyperoptic!

[re: drtobak] [link to this post]

Hi Dana,

Good to see you here.
I've already registered my interest with Hyperoptic, and been talking with a couple of your colleagues about the chances to install Hyperoptic in my block (~120 flats)
Also started a campaign and put flyers on the boards, and letters through all my neighbour's mailboxes, encouraging them to register. By now you should have quite a few registrations from postcodes SE16 5xx , as I had very good feedback, even from members of the residents board.

What's a mystery to me, maybe you can shed some light on it, it's why all the other alternatives to ADSL (BT Infinity, Virgin, other wireless options), don't do exactly what you are doing, starting out on the no-spot or very slow areas. In fact, they seem to be doing exactly the opposite, and leaving these areas totally out of their plans, which seems completely illogical to me.

Alex

--------------------------
ZeNADSL 8000 Pro
ISP Representative drtobak
(isp) Fri 23-Dec-11 10:15:53
Print Post

[re: alesarco] [link to this post]

Hello, Alex.
You are doing all the right things to help us bring your building to the real fibre revolution - my team will continue to liaise with you during the process and we will be sure to show our appreciation for your advocacy - nothing like some 1 Gig broadband to bring some satisfaction to daily life.

As to why do the other service and network providers work differently from us? The easy answer is that their drivers are different from ours and that there are not-spots all over the country. For the national players, they are driven by coverage and finding one size fits all solutions for their customer bases as long as they can drive the population coverage as quickly as possible. For wireless providers, coverage is also important but the cities to present particular challenges and are likely to be less beneficial to block housing. We are focused on speed to deliver, customer service, and our practical business approach. We are a small company with a vision that includes fibre for all and we know what our role should be in making it happen.

The multi-dwelling units that we are targeting have a different model and requirements than terraced, semi detached, or individual housing and as such may be considered a distraction for the incumbents. But for us, they are a perfect market and we intend to service them, well, perfectly.
- we are both a network and service provider which allows us to ensure that we put the customer at the heart of our solution
- we fundamentally believe in a fibre world that allows consumers and businesses to get the best value for money.

I hope that helps and i look forward to bringing you and your fellow residents to our Hyperoptic world.

We hope you have a Happy holidays and a grand New Year!

Dana Pressman Tobak
Managing Director

Hyperoptic Ltd
Unit C401, Westfield London
Ariel Way
London, W12 7FD
United Kingdom
www.hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vit0
(regular) Sat 21-Jan-12 11:47:16
Print Post

Is Hyperoptic FTTP then Cat5e/6 to the user?

Lee
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 22-Jan-12 00:39:13
Print Post

[re: vit0] [link to this post]

Fibre into each flat/home, and then their own gigabit router so wireless or ethernet to your computers

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User vit0
(regular) Sun 22-Jan-12 20:54:08
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Nice!

Must be costly for them though, installing fibre and the equipment to handle it all on site!

Lee
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 22-Jan-12 21:16:34
Print Post

Their model is to do a block of flats or an area and get maximum takeup from once its live.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-Jan-12 21:24:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by drtobak:
It is a real pleasure to be back on the thinkbroadband forums hosting Hyperoptic and bringing the fastest available residential service in the UK. For those of you who've been following the broadband market for sometime you'll recognise myself and my business parter (Boris Ivanovic) as the ones who originally brought Be unlimited to the UK - the first to launch the up to 24 Meg broadband that is standard across all ISPs just 6 years later.

We are currently targeting residential buildings with more that 50 residents in London, although we plan to expand our services in the new year to other cities. We will also be launching our leased line replacement services and business products shortly and are currently in trials.

We will be monitoring the forum and encouraging lively conversation on our services, our rollout, and fibre optic technology generally. If you'd like a more confidential chat feel to use contact@hyperoptic.com.

Lets bring the full fibre revolution to the UK together!
Although the initial network presence and customer base are within the central London area , Do you have any plans to expand to other Geographic locations , or even create national customer base or is it just going to be confined to the capital city ? As i'm quiet sure that there would be a lot of interest in other cities /towns across the UK

Edited by tommy45 (Sun 22-Jan-12 21:24:40)

Standard User locutus
(committed) Wed 25-Jan-12 10:10:24
Print Post

Hi,

Great news. I know you're looking at my block and I've just registered my interest so hopefully we'll get some good news soon.

Be great if there was some kind of flyer or poster we could print out.

--
Views expressed are mine and not necessarily those of my employer.
Standard User alesarco
(learned) Wed 25-Jan-12 12:01:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by vit0:
Is Hyperoptic FTTP then Cat5e/6 to the user?

According to the Hyperoptic guy who came to the block to do a survey, they'd come to the basement with fibre, install a router there, and then use Cat5e to each flat.

--------------------------
ZeNADSL 8000 Pro
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to