User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TBUser2012
(newbie) Sun 12-Aug-12 16:54:24
Print Post

Ensuring a Fair Service

[link to this post]

Without any form of bandwidth management, how does Hyperoptic ensure that all its customers receive equal service? My primary concern is a few users heavily sharing via P2P on premium links causing others to be negatively affected. Note that this isn't necessarily related to a high monthly usage.

I consider Virgin's policies a positive reflection on their efforts in managing their network.
Standard User Zadeks
(experienced) Sun 12-Aug-12 18:43:54
Print Post

Re: Ensuring a Fair Service

[re: TBUser2012] [link to this post]

Positive?

Virgin Media is forced to traffi shape and use STM because they don't want to invest in capacity.

Edited by Zadeks (Sun 12-Aug-12 18:44:16)

Standard User TBUser2012
(newbie) Sat 25-Aug-12 00:51:28
Print Post

[re: Zadeks] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zadeks:
Positive?

Virgin Media is forced to traffi shape and use STM because they don't want to invest in capacity.
Likely, but regardless of my opinion of Virgin's policies, I'd still like to know how Hyperoptic ensure a fair service. Is it really such a difficult question to answer? Or is this information deliberately withheld?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User AvidiShaw
(newbie) Wed 29-Aug-12 18:58:50
Print Post

[re: TBUser2012] [link to this post]

Hi there,

We implement a Fair Use Policy to customers who sign up for service with us (details of which can be found on our website under the 'Legals' section).

If general usage is such that subscribers speeds are being affected we can easily increase the available bandwidth to the building.

Feel free to private message me if you want to further clarification - I can assure you we're quite transparent!

Dave Shaw
Head of Customer Support
  Print Thread

Jump to