User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User partytime
(newbie) Fri 21-Sep-12 14:11:59
Print Post

Hyperoptic costs

[link to this post]

Hi all,

My apartment blocks are currently being fitted out with the hyperoptic service. Approximately 800 flats.
I was talking to my development manager this morning and he said some interesting things.
It turns out he was given an installation cost of £83,000 to install all the necessary equipment. Which I was informed would be passed onto the residents through the service charge.
Fortunately he insisted that this charge could not be applied, as the residents, myself included, would be furious at his massive expenses.
He sent his email to hyperotic on a Monday morning, three hours later he received a reply to say this cost would be waived.
So first question how can you wave a setup cost of £83,000 in three hours?
Currently there are approximately over 100 hyperotic staff busying away in the apartment blocks, cutting holes in ceilings, dragging cables into place, cleaning up as they go, incidentally this was another requirement from my development manager, before they were allowed on site.
Onto the Second question, who is paying for all these staff members and all this fibre?

I haven't signed up to anything yet, although if the price was right I probably would.

Any members who currently have hyperotic installed how much did your original installation cost?

Cheers
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 21-Sep-12 15:21:21
Print Post

Re: Hyperoptic costs

[re: partytime] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by partytime:
... Approximately 800 flats.
... It turns out he was given an installation cost of £83,000 to install all the necessary equipment.
Pesonally I don't feel that £100 per flat is an unreasonable amount and if spread across say five years shouldn't add too much to the annual service charge whilst improving the value of the flat. Nevertheless well done to all concerned if it is being installed for free. I'm guessing that a significant number of residents have said that they will sign up for the service.
Standard User partytime
(newbie) Fri 21-Sep-12 15:35:44
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply MCM, as far as I am aware the percentage of flats who expressed an interest per installation was 30%, so going on these figures the cost is more like £350 per household, if you only charge those who expressed an interest. NOt really fair to charge a flat if they don't have the service.
Sure if all 800 took up the offer it would be a low lower but I doubt that would ever happen.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative Hyperoptic
(isp) Fri 21-Sep-12 17:26:25
Print Post

Hmmmmmmmm......sounds odd and not something I'm aware of. Perhaps there's been a case of crossed wires somewhere?

The hyper-team are well trained and know their stuff so hopefully it won't be too long before your connected to the UK's fastest residential internet service!

Thanks for your post partytime....it's Friday so it's definitely party time for me!!

Have a great weekend

Sunita

Welcome to the real fibre revolution!
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Fri 21-Sep-12 17:37:48
Print Post

if the expression of interest was based on an upfront install cost they may be looking for more takeup without one

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User locutus
(experienced) Fri 21-Sep-12 18:04:39
Print Post

If it's being installed now, you should be able to sign up online and it will tell you the costs?

I've also just noticed it's cheaper in my block if you sign up now, than when it first went live!

--
Views expressed are mine and not necessarily those of my employer.
Hyperoptic 1Gig http://www.speedtest.net/result/2063605290.png
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 21-Sep-12 19:28:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by partytime:
Not really fair to charge a flat if they don't have the service.
I don't necssarily agree since the service wil be available to all. Having a decent broadband connection adds value to a property so IMO the cost is reasonable. I don't want to go into any details but I'm looking at a Hyperoptic quote of a little over £250+VAT per property however the development involved is smaller. Many of the property owners here think that's not that unreasonable given there's no likelihood of either FTTC or FTTP from BT in the near to middle future and we have no access to VM. Being stuck on a slow ADSL connection when all around have access to much faster FTTC doesn't help when either selling or renting out a property.
(isp) Sun 23-Sep-12 18:07:11
Print Post

For the record.....

Anyone who wants to experience Hyperoptic, you are entitled to free installation i.e you just pay the monthly service fee. If you'd like to make your property "hyper-ready",you just pay £40 for installing an access point and pay nothing more. These charges are applicable while our engineers are on-site, thereafter additional charges may apply. All charges are available via our website - if you want to know specifics, email me sunita.sharma@hyperoptic.com

@ partytime, please PM me with your postcode and I will confirm costs relating to your development - you will be pleasantly surprised!

In addition, I am happy to meet you on site to discuss the project pertaining to your site. I'll ensure the building manager is also present smile

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Sunita

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 23-Sep-12 19:14:08
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Hyperoptic:
For the record.....

Anyone who wants to experience Hyperoptic, you are entitled to free installation i.e you just pay the monthly service fee. If you'd like to make your property "hyper-ready",you just pay £40 for installing an access point and pay nothing more.
Really? So does that mean you're now prepared to waive the £19K+VAT quoted to us by your Business Development Manager? I suspect not in which case I feel your comment is, sadly, incorrect and only of relevance where the development concerned has already had Hyperoptic installed.
(isp) Mon 24-Sep-12 07:52:59
Print Post

Really? So does that mean you're now prepared to waive the £19K+VAT quoted to us by your Business Development Manager? I suspect not in which case I feel your comment is, sadly, incorrect and only of relevance where the development concerned has already had Hyperoptic installed.
Hi MCM

Just to clarify I am referring installation pricing specifically for residents - which you can find on our website.

With regards to the costs you mention, due to confidentiality, could you PM me your postcode and contact details please?

Best wishes

Sunita

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to