User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User proxylister
(newbie) Wed 25-Mar-15 11:37:40
Print Post

How to Port forward basically with Hyperoptic? [Question]

[link to this post]

I recently signed up to Hyperoptic and I am finding it hard to forward ports for my game server (ArmA 3 which uses Steam) I'd like to host for myself and some friends. I was hoping someone would be able to give me directions on opening these ports below. I am sorry to ask here but there are not many guides for port forwarding regarding Hyperoptic and the layout is a lot more different when in comparison. The ports I need unblocked are below.

ArmA 3 Ports:
2302, 2303

Steam Ports:
4379, 4380
27000 - 27050

-----

I heard there are programs which allow me to force connection ports to open without using the UI on Hyperoptic but I have yet to find any free ones. All help is appreciated.
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Thu 26-Mar-15 13:04:54
Print Post

Re: How to Port forward basically with Hyperoptic? [Question

[re: proxylister] [link to this post]

Hello,

All ports are open on the router by default but if you are looking to forward any we can help with that.
It would be best if you could email us (support@hyperoptic.com) as we can look up your account and set the port forwarding for you.

We will also need the IP of the device you want the ports to be forwarded to but if you email us we can help you do this and also advise on how you can access the router and make these changes yourself.

Best regards,

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or by email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User akdwivedi
(newbie) Sat 24-Jun-17 11:15:35
Print Post

[re: proxylister] [link to this post]

Were you able to figure out how this will work out? I am in a similar situation now and its going to be a big issue for me if port forwarding does not work frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User akdwivedi
(newbie) Sat 24-Jun-17 12:31:21
Print Post

[re: akdwivedi] [link to this post]

For people like me who are curious... I contacted Hyperoptic support and the informed me as follows:
1. Currently I am sharing my IP with several other clients (a shared IP concept);
2. To have port forwarding, I need to apply for static IP, this will cost GBP 5/month extra!
3. Hyperoptic is also rolling out IPv6 address in phases (no timelines). Once that is done, there won't be any extra charge.

This is such a shame! Why do we have to pay for services as simple as port forwarding.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 24-Jun-17 12:50:37
Print Post

Not paying for port forwarding, but for a static IPv4 address that is NOT shared by CGNAT

IPv6 will give you a full public IP address, but will only solve port forwarding for services that actually use IPv6, i.e. anything that is IPv4 only will still have an issue.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 24-Jun-17 12:51:28
Print Post

To add...

The original post was pre-CGNAT era.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to