User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mikehiow
(committed) Wed 26-Aug-15 19:56:29
Print Post

Waiting for a year now

[link to this post]

How long have other people found it's taken for Hyperoptic to come once they've said they're coming.

I spoke to someone a year ago who said it was happening, I've been given various email addresses to contact over the last year but each time I get a "It's coming soon, you'll be able to pre-order as soon as the fibre is delivered"

A total lack of transparency leaves everyone frustrated. I'm just about to have to commit to another 12 month contract with my ADSL provider - I wonder how many other customers Hyperoptic lose initially to renewed contracts of people who have no idea when it's actually coming.

ZeN > plusnet > entanet > <aaisp.net> > Sky LLU > WightWireless > Plusnet FTTC 73/17
Standard User Aliturk
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Aug-15 23:48:37
Print Post

Re: Waiting for a year now

[re: mikehiow] [link to this post]

They are very much in the hands of BT Openreach, as it's they who have to install the fibre through their conduits to your building, and that's subject to a survey. They could be overloaded with orders for fibre or there may be a problem with the conduits that require repair work. Hyperoptic can't give a go live date until the BT work is done. It was 5 months from when our scheme was approved by the freeholder to when BT installed the fibre. Are you in SE16?

Edited by Aliturk (Wed 26-Aug-15 23:52:44)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 27-Aug-15 08:43:36
Print Post

[re: Aliturk] [link to this post]

Or even worse waiting on a wayleave agreement for the short run from existing ducting to cross some land into the actual building

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User locutus
(experienced) Fri 28-Aug-15 08:15:29
Print Post

[re: Aliturk] [link to this post]

Why are you being forced to sign a new 12 month contract? Most go on rolling 30 day ones after your original contract is up.

--
Views expressed are mine and not necessarily those of my employer.
Hyperoptic 1Gig http://www.speedtest.net/result/2063605290.png
Standard User Aliturk
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Aug-15 19:19:03
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes I've heard of management companies dragging their feet on that. Luckily our freeholder was very supportive. On another development, which is under the same unbrella as mine, their residents association committee slowed things down by over a year.
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Sat 05-Sep-15 16:40:55
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I would have thought that with a company the size of Hyperoptic you would be able to find out the cause of any hold ups. There may then be something that you (the end user) might be able to do to expedite matters. I and my neighbours helped Gigaclear in this way with their local project.

Michael Chare
  Print Thread

Jump to