User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mikehiow
(committed) Thu 05-Nov-15 14:20:55
Print Post

Installation today but activation delayed two weeks?!

[link to this post]

So earlier this week, I received a phone call asking if I would like to book installation for my Hyperoptic service that has just gone live in my building.

Brilliant, I thought.

Today, the engineer turned up on time, mentioned his PDA showed the service as not live, but his visit to the cabinet showed otherwise.

He left stating that the service should start working within 15 minutes.

An hour or so later, I've called Customer Support who have told me that despite the installation of the building being complete, testing is not and as such it is not live, but it *might* be live by the 20th.

Seeing as my business is primarily conducted from home, reliant on the internet and I've cancelled my existing connection this was quite a shock to me!

How is it that no one knows when the service will go live?

Why did neither the person that booked the installation nor the engineer know / tell me that the service wouldn't be live?

What a poor start.

RIP FTTC, Hello Sky 10/1 frown
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Thu 05-Nov-15 15:27:26
Print Post

Re: Installation today but activation delayed two weeks?!

[re: mikehiow] [link to this post]

We have taken your feedback into consideration in order to improve our customers' first impressions. We will look into the way the readiness of your building's been communicated to you. However, the day you were contacted for installation of a data socket, we've received green light for residential installations and are awaiting for the final fibre test to be completed within a week from today. It is expected 13th November to be the go live date.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or by email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User locutus
(experienced) Thu 05-Nov-15 19:47:06
Print Post

If I needed my connection to run a business I wouldn't be cancelling before I could test the new one.

Delays can always happen with any install, but hopefully it'll be enabled soon and you'll forget all about these issues and enjoy the decent speed.

--
Views expressed are mine and not necessarily those of my employer.
Hyperoptic 1Gig http://www.speedtest.net/result/2063605290.png

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mikehiow
(committed) Thu 05-Nov-15 20:28:41
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic_CS] [link to this post]

I just wanted to update here, I've since had an email from someone at Hyperoptic explaining exactly why the connection is not live at and suggesting that they may be able to bring it forward.

I've been promised an update within 24 hours.

That's the kind of customer service I like smile

Standard User blueacid
(committed) Fri 06-Nov-15 11:06:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by mikehiow:
Seeing as my business is primarily conducted from home, reliant on the internet and I've cancelled my existing connection this was quite a shock to me!

Err.. really? I presume you've a backup plan in place for if/when Hyperoptic have an outage of some sort?
Standard User mikehiow
(committed) Fri 06-Nov-15 13:05:25
Print Post

[re: blueacid] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by blueacid:
In reply to a post by mikehiow:

Err.. really? I presume you've a backup plan in place for if/when Hyperoptic have an outage of some sort?

Of course, I can use mobile tethering for short periods of an hour or two, or goto a rent-a-desk office for longer stints, but everything costs money.

Not that it matters, I'm told my service will go live today smile

Edited by mikehiow (Fri 06-Nov-15 13:10:38)

Standard User mikehiow
(committed) Sat 07-Nov-15 00:51:24
Print Post

All done smile

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

Print Thread

Jump to