User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User JimBRL
(newbie) Sat 23-Apr-16 07:33:40
Print Post

Re: Any change on the garbage router?

[re: inonefly] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by inonefly:
or would anyone recommend a SIP device to use with own router so I can keep the phone usable? I have a netgear r7000 that I want to replace the hyperoptic router but still want to use the phone. would a VoIP phone work when plug into the router directly, assuming hyperoptic will provide the username/pw etc?

I use a Cisco SPA112 (~£40) which was setup pretty easily - happy to list my config if needed. I've had it working with a few different routers Netgear 7500 (5ghz wireless nightmare!) same with Asus ac87u (loved the interface though) so got an Asus 68u which works perfectly which I've now flashed with Merlin firmware. Excellent router for getting the most out of 1gbps!
Standard User dragon2611
(experienced) Sat 23-Apr-16 08:56:01
Print Post

[re: JimBRL] [link to this post]

Not on Hyperoptic but I use a Gigaset N300IP DECT basestation for VOIP.

Like the fact it uses their standard DECT handsets for the handset side which means they're usually fairly reasonably priced.

I believe It can supposedly work with other handsets but I'd assume they'd be unable to report certain status messages.etc you'd get on SIP

Pulse8 80/20 FTTC (~70Mbit/s sync) & Sky 40/10 FTTC
Standard User inonefly
(newbie) Sat 23-Apr-16 18:09:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by JimBRL:
I use a Cisco SPA112 (~¡�40) which was setup pretty easily - happy to list my config if needed. I've had it working with a few different routers Netgear 7500 (5ghz wireless nightmare!) same with Asus ac87u (loved the interface though) so got an Asus 68u which works perfectly which I've now flashed with Merlin firmware. Excellent router for getting the most out of 1gbps!

are you with Hyperoptic? if so how did you get the SIP username and password? if this setup works and hyperoptic would provide the password I'd get the cisco adaptor right away : )

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JimBRL
(newbie) Sun 24-Apr-16 13:42:13
Print Post

[re: inonefly] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by inonefly:
are you with Hyperoptic? if so how did you get the SIP username and password? if this setup works and hyperoptic would provide the password I'd get the cisco adaptor right away : )

Yes, on Hyperoptic. If you ask support they'll give you your SIP credentials.
Standard User inonefly
(newbie) Tue 26-Apr-16 14:14:49
Print Post

Thanks, I have the spa112 on order and will contact hyperoptic for the credentials.
Standard User kevincredible
(newbie) Fri 03-Jun-16 11:35:23
Print Post

If you don't mind, please can you share the SPA112 settings you used to connect to the Hyperoptic VOIP service?
Standard User Aliturk
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 06-Jun-16 19:51:42
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic_CS] [link to this post]

which app would this be?
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 06-Jun-16 21:23:25
Print Post

[re: Aliturk] [link to this post]

This? http://www.zoiper.com/en/voip-softphone/download/zoi...

Use the Ginp Formula to determine if your vdsl2 connection is with or without G.INP.
Divide your IP Profile by your Sync Speed and the answer is 0.9669 (with) or 0.9679 (without)
Standard User Aliturk
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 08-Jun-16 13:09:54
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Thank you
Standard User JimBRL
(newbie) Thu 09-Jun-16 15:05:37
Print Post

[re: kevincredible] [link to this post]

Proxy: sip.hyperoptic.com
UserID and Password you'll get from support and as far as I can remember, everything else was default (except I gave mine static IP iirc).
If that doesn't work Kevin, reply and I'm happy to email you screenshots of the full setup - there are plenty of settings so it's not really practical to post!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to