User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User someone000
(newbie) Sun 19-Jun-16 16:28:43
Print Post

Re: Any change on the garbage router?

[re: JimBRL] [link to this post]

Hi guys, I have just bought a Linksys WRT1900ACS for use with Hyperoptic as the router they supply is a POS. Anyway, I note that you have managed to get it working with the CPA112, but does anyone know if it is possible to do so without getting a CPA112? I was thinking Hyperoptic Socket->WRT1900ACS->WRT LAN1 to HyperHub WAN->HyperHub Phone port (FXS) to Phone. I connected this up and it actually worked for about 2 minutes, before the phone became deregistered, presumably due to inaccessibility. A quick google suggests the problem is probably the SIP ALG, and the way it uses ports (5060 static for initialising connection, any random port for RTP, seriously who designs such a [censored] protocol??) Anyway, I was hoping that someone could shed some light as to how one might set it up. I Have forwarded 5060 and 5061 to the Hyperhub WAN, and set port triggering on 50000-65535 which appears to be the default for the HyperHub. Any ideas on how to get this working?

Thanks.
Standard User dragon2611
(experienced) Mon 20-Jun-16 13:21:13
Print Post

[re: someone000] [link to this post]

The protocol itself works fine, it's [censored] NAT's/ALG's that are the problem.

Also back in 1999 when it was designed I doubt NAT's where so commonplace.

SIP is a good use case for IPv6 no need for a NAT to be screwing about with the traffic.

AAISP HOME:1T FTTC & Sky FTTC
Standard User someone000
(newbie) Mon 20-Jun-16 13:49:56
Print Post

[re: dragon2611] [link to this post]

Fair enough. Still haven't had any luck setting it up. Do you think I should disable SIP ALG on the HyperHub and enable it on the WRT instead given that this is the router I have connected to the Hyperoptic WAN port?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dragon2611
(experienced) Mon 20-Jun-16 14:51:35
Print Post

[re: someone000] [link to this post]

You could try the ALG on the WRT and see if it helps, I don't think modifying it on the hyperhub itself will do anything as your SIP device isn't behind it.

Are you able to change the registration interval to something like 360 seconds it might be a case of the Conntrack entry expiring on the NAT.

AAISP HOME:1T FTTC & Sky FTTC
Standard User someone000
(newbie) Mon 20-Jun-16 14:56:36
Print Post

[re: dragon2611] [link to this post]

Will give that a go and report back. So given that the setup looks like Phone->HyperHUb->WRT1900ACS->Internet, in summary I have:

1. Forwarded 5060 and 5061 to the HyperHub
2. Enabled SIP ALG on the WRT, disabled on the HyerHub
3. Changed refresh interval to 360s on the HyperHub

Anything else I should be doing?
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Sun 10-Jul-16 17:07:47
Print Post

[re: mr_mojo] [link to this post]

I ended up getting a mates spare BT HomeHub and using it as an AP. Very easy to set up and the service is so much better.

I have literally no idea why Hyperoptic don't supply a 802.11ac router. It really lets their service down, literally for the sake of a few quid.
Standard User epyon
(experienced) Sun 17-Jul-16 23:55:22
Print Post

[re: mr_mojo] [link to this post]

Fulfilling the contract from the manufacturer their current routers i reckon.

Once that is up they will probably start supplying an AC router.

BT Infinity 2 - 80/20
BT Infinity 2 Speedtest *Smart Hub*
BT Mobile - 4G
BT Mobile 4G Speedtest *Huawei PLK-L01*
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to