User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User blueacid
(committed) Sun 13-Dec-15 19:56:26
Print Post

Routing from Manchester - good!

[link to this post]

So I went live with Hyperoptic here in Manchester about two months ago. I noticed at first that almost all routes I bothered checking were via Cogent, so routed via their network from Manchester to London and onward from there.

I've since noticed that Hyperoptic are using the peering point IX Manchester a lot more: Akamai, BBC and Janet (so mirrorservice.org for instance) are served via this route - pretty damn quick! For the first time in as long as I can remember, if I ping the university my data isn't going down to London via BT Wholesale (or Be*'s network before I was on BTW), but it's going near enough direct; pings of 2.8msec to www.man.ac.uk!

I'm certainly impressed smile
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Mon 14-Dec-15 17:01:49
Print Post

Re: Routing from Manchester - good!

[re: blueacid] [link to this post]

Congratulations and welcome to Hyperoptic blueacid!

We're glad to hear you’re finding the service super speedy.

We’re continually enhancing the service we that we can provide you with a high quality fibre connection. We’re sure you’ll continually be impressed – enjoy!

Hyperoptic CS

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or by email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to