User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Sun 21-Feb-16 22:07:46
Print Post

bad support

[link to this post]

My router is resetting (as shown on the uptime) 3+ times a day, causing all WiFi to disconnect. Very annoying when watching anything.

Emailed hyperoptic support and got some rubbish about changing wifi channels and interference. I replied saying that's not the problem ,as the router is resetting itself. Another few days later got another reply saying that I must be having power outages or the firmware is being updated.

Considering the slowness of reply and these bad excuses, I'm not too happy with the support here. Can someone with a bit more clue look at ticket 49747?
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Mon 22-Feb-16 10:24:03
Print Post

Re: bad support

[re: mr_mojo] [link to this post]

Hello mr_mojo,

What you are experiencing with your router is strange, to say the least. We're sorry for the inconvenience, and would like to provide some assistance and rectifying.

It is possible that disconnects happen with some power fluctuations, however, if the cause was a power fluctuation, it would happen once in a blue moon, rather than 3+ times a day. We would like to investigate on what is causing these drops, and if needed, to replace the unit so you are provided with a stable connection you can rely on.

You should be receiving a response to your email shortly.

Best regards,
Nick

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or by email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User blueacid
(committed) Fri 26-Feb-16 20:50:31
Print Post

[re: mr_mojo] [link to this post]

Is the router especially warm? Could be that it's overheating when handling lots of wireless data perhaps; do you know whether it restarts when just idle?

is it somewhere cool? Or is it right beside a radiator?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Mon 29-Feb-16 10:22:26
Print Post

[re: blueacid] [link to this post]

Hello blueacid,

Those are some good points.

It is normal for routers to be warm at their operating temperature, but not to be burning up from inside. We've had reports that some routers failed to perform when placed in hot environments, i.e. close to/on radiators, in boiler rooms where there's a lot of humidity, etc. This is clearly not a good location for any router. As a general rule of thumb, keeping the router in your hallway/living room with the direct line of sight to the area where you are most likely to use your computer will give you satisfactory results.

mr_mojo, a new router should have been delivered to your address by now; can you confirm that the new router is functioning properly, and let us know if we would be able to assist with anything else?

Regards,
Nick

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or by email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to