User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User fisty
(newbie) Sun 20-Mar-16 13:01:16
Print Post

Fiber installed in building - testing phase how long?

[link to this post]

Hello,

I live in central london in an developement area where there are 4 buildings that are the same.

One of the neighbouring building already has hyperoptic, the building I am I know as of 1st of February the fiber was installed "confirmed from hyperoptic on the phone", they told me, now it is in testing phase!

This was over a month and a half ago.

I have been waiting for hyperoptic since september, and been using relish for now which I hate as its not working properly

I apreciate the testing phase is important to deliver proper service, working in IT I know that it is important.

As at the moment there is that nice promotion on their website it would be a shame to miss it out.

Anyone know how long this testing phase usually lasts?

thanks ahead for your time
Standard User Aliturk
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 20-Mar-16 19:57:27
Print Post

Re: Fiber installed in building - testing phase how long?

[re: fisty] [link to this post]

I think that might not be far from me. In my case, we had a go live date a couple of weeks after the fibre was run into the building. It maybe they're a bit behind, or there might be a problem with the equipment. Either way, you shouldn't have to wait too long. Has the fibre definately been run in by BT from the street node, and have they been running lengths of cat5 to the outside of each door?
Standard User Icaras
(committed) Sun 20-Mar-16 20:48:13
Print Post

You work in IT and spell fibre incorrectly?!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sun 20-Mar-16 22:37:57
Print Post

[re: Icaras] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Icaras:
You work in IT and spell fibre incorrectly?!

I do too and work a lot with people in the United States. Occasionally I use US spelling for convenience and clarity to them. Easy to get into the habit.

ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Mon 21-Mar-16 10:53:14
Print Post

Hi fisty,

Hyperoptic fibre is delivered through existing underground ducts to your development. Before we start working on installing the fibre, we'll plan out a fibre route and test it for any blockages (access issues, traffic management issues, physical obstructions such as silt, damaged ducts, etc.) and begin clearing any blockages as they are found.

We will frequently go between clearing blockages and testing our fibre route until the route is clear and fibre has been delivered to your development. Simultaneously, we will install pieces of equipment and patch your building into our infrastructure.

Having said this, you can understand why some developments may take a bit longer (blockages of any kind, especially access issues) as then, not everything depends on Hyperoptic.

We would be happy to check on the progress status of your development and shed more light on it all. Feel free to drop us a message here or contact us via 0333 332 1111 where we are available 24/7. If email is more convenient, you can email us at support@hyperoptic.com.

Regards,
Nick

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or by email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User fisty
(newbie) Mon 21-Mar-16 11:45:04
Print Post

[re: Icaras] [link to this post]

some foreigners live in england you know and sometimes even we foreigners are tired "yes there are working foreigners and not just the lazy once" at times smile
Standard User fisty
(newbie) Mon 21-Mar-16 11:45:49
Print Post

[re: Aliturk] [link to this post]

I had confirmation on the phone from hyperoptic tht the building has been cabled!
regarding cat5 outside the door, I do not think so.

EDIT: I did check just now, and I see there is a CAT5 cable near where the phone line comes in the appartment, it has no "jack" on it, but definitely the CAT5 is outside my door

Edited by fisty (Mon 21-Mar-16 11:51:35)

Standard User Aliturk
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Mar-16 17:44:34
Print Post

Re them saying the building being cabled, that would probably mean the Cat5. The Cat5 outside your flat won't have a socket on it. What they'll do is cut the excess, join it with some new Cat5 to run into your flat - using enough to put the socket where you want it. But the building being cabled doesn't mean fibre has been run in from the street yet, or if it has, it'll be subject to repeat testing as mentioned in their reply to you
Standard User fisty
(newbie) Mon 21-Mar-16 21:44:18
Print Post

[re: Aliturk] [link to this post]

i understand your point and might be that, they did tell me they are running tests, so i presume testing the fibRe to the building rather then the cat5's inside the building, might be mistake though
Standard User fisty
(newbie) Tue 29-Mar-16 11:45:03
Print Post

painfull to see the hyperoptic van parked accross the road in another building while waiting frown
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to