User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User alloneword
(regular) Fri 09-Dec-16 15:42:51
Print Post

Attn: Hyperoptic Staff

[link to this post]

I live in SE16 and as i suspect you know service round here is useless, now without giving to much info away a big block of flats opposite me has your service and in fact i get 2 bars when my phone and laptop search for wifi networks.

Now you have been in contact with my housing assoc (Wandle) and in their wisdom they have blocked you installing your equipment in our flats (backward thinking on a good day my lot), however could you not work out some kind of deal so that people like me who are close to you service but not in the block you have installed in but able to pick up wifi range not sort of "Jump on" or "piggy back" that service and get some kind of service our self?

Of course you need to make sure it will not impact on the flats you service mainly but for people like me who think we have won the lottery if we hit 5mbits, giving us some of the spare network speed you may have could work for everyone, i have no idea if this comes under wifi operator and hence loads more paperwork for you with regs etc.

In a nutshell i'm trying to get some of the bandwidth from over the road and clutching at straws as BT have given us no date and that means 2018 if we’re lucky
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Tue 13-Dec-16 08:38:47
Print Post

Re: Attn: Hyperoptic Staff

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

Hi there,

Thank you for your post.

We would like to bring our services to everyone, so we would appreciate it if you could send us a private message with your full address.

We are happy to work with any development or building to work out the best solution to provide full fibre broadband to all.

We'll await your message so that we can discuss further.

Many thanks

Karis

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or by email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User alloneword
(member) Tue 13-Dec-16 16:03:13
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic_CS] [link to this post]

PM Sent with contact details as well

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Aliturk
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 17-Dec-16 14:46:46
Print Post

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

That's shocking Wandle have blocked the install. My HA is Amicus Horizon, we were expecting them to throw obsticals in the way but they turned out to be very helpful.
Standard User alloneword
(member) Sun 18-Dec-16 00:51:58
Print Post

[re: Aliturk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Aliturk:
That's shocking Wandle have blocked the install. My HA is Amicus Horizon, we were expecting them to throw obsticals in the way but they turned out to be very helpful.

That is Wandle for you they cannot run a party in a pub, from my understanding they wanted funds from Hyperoptic to allow the installs and some serious cash as well, sod the fact the tenants may want it but it's big surprise to be honest, let’s put it this way if they were to have their finances forensic investigated it might be embarrassing, last chief exec left under a cloud that's for sure.

All1
  Print Thread

Jump to