User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User k00pa
(newbie) Wed 26-Apr-17 12:20:18
Print Post

Connecting the Hyperoptic VoIP router behind your own router

[link to this post]

Hi,

Contrary to the information from Hyperoptic technical support and with a little help from the internet, I have been able to get VoIP working using my own router as the internet gateway (including DHCP provision, firewall, etc.) and theirs connected to my LAN for VoIP only.

In the interest of giving something back, I'd be happy to save the next person who wants to do this some time and hair loss by explaining the set-up. Please let me know if you're interested.

Simon
Standard User Cheekylatino
(newbie) Wed 21-Jun-17 22:24:58
Print Post

Re: Connecting the Hyperoptic VoIP router behind your own ro

[re: k00pa] [link to this post]

Hi Simon - I would be very keen to understand how you did this. I am using a DD-WRT flashed netgear R700 as my default at the moment but now have the need to get my telephone back online

Thanks
Jameel
Standard User k00pa
(newbie) Wed 21-Jun-17 23:00:58
Print Post

[re: Cheekylatino] [link to this post]

Hi Jameel,

It's a little fuzzy after 2 months but I think this is what I did:-
1) Connect WAN port on your router to the Hyperoptic connection
2) Configure the WAN on your router to automatic (using DHCP). You should have a working internet connection at this point.
3) Connect the WAN port on the Hyperoptic box to a LAN port on your router
4) Turn off DHCP on the Hyperoptic box (it should be enabled on your own router)
5) Turn off wifi on the Hyperoptic box
5) Change the LAN subnet on the Hyperoptic box to be different to the LAN subnet of your own router (my router subnet was 192.168.1.x so I think I changed the Hyperoptic one to 192.168.0.x) to avoid conflict

I think that was it. You may need to connect a PC with static IP settings (within the LAN subnet you have specified) directly to a LAN port on the Hyperoptic box in order to configure it.

Once I made the LAN subnet change the phone light on the Hyperoptic box came on and the telephone started working. The Hyperoptic box provides voip only and the rest of the network is unaffected by it.

Good luck getting it working.

Simon

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Fri 23-Jun-17 13:01:34
Print Post

[re: k00pa] [link to this post]

Hi Simon,

thank you for this advice.

Please contact us on 0333 332 1111, we would like to discuss this matter further.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Jelena

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or by email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to