User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User GonePostal
(regular) Sat 29-Jul-17 13:33:22
Print Post

Hyperoptic planning significant expansion

[link to this post]

Reuters published this story on 27/07/17 (online at http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-hyperoptic-....

Hyperoptic hopes to challenge giants with $130 million funding

Emma Rumney

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's Hyperoptic, which delivers super-fast broadband via fibre optic cables, has borrowed 100 million pounds to increase the size of its network and take on industry giants like BT.

Founded in 2011, Hyperoptic is currently available to 350,000 premises. It said on Friday it had secured a new round of funding from European banks BNP Paribas, ING, RBS and NIBC with a seven-year term.

The firm said it will use the funds to increase the size of its network to reach two million premises by 2022, and to a further five million by 2025.

"This investment will enable us to repeat the same fivefold increase in coverage that we have achieved over the last six years," said Hyperoptic Chairman Boris Ivanovic.

Previous funding totalling 75 million pounds, including 21 million pounds from the European Investment Bank, have seen Hyperoptic's coverage expand across 28 UK cities.

In November 2016, the government dedicated 400 million pounds to ramping up the country's fibre-to-home network, seen as the gold standard of broadband, to help boost the economy. The funding round focused on smaller emerging providers, to introduce more competition to the sector.

Infrastructure like that used by Hyperoptic allows broadband speeds to surpass 1 gigabyte per second, compared to 76 megabytes per second on BT's network.

($1 = 0.7658 pounds)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 29-Jul-17 18:27:57
Print Post

Re: Hyperoptic planning significant expansion

[re: GonePostal] [link to this post]

And we have our version of the press release without the bit and Byte confusion at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7776-100m-from-b...

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User alloneword
(member) Mon 31-Jul-17 16:23:45
Print Post

[re: GonePostal] [link to this post]

Hopefully this will allow them to invest more in the wireless option they have been playing with, which will allows others get there service without the need for large blocks only getting them.

All1

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User locutus
(experienced) Mon 31-Jul-17 19:32:28
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Does anyone believe trustpilot ratings? So many companies seem to censor bad reviews I wouldn't use them as a guide to anything.

Hyperoptic at one point touted lots of new features for the phone, tv, etc, and seem to have done nothing about it. It's all about numbers now. Did Darren Skenkin do anything?

--
Views expressed are mine and not necessarily those of my employer.
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Tue 08-Aug-17 11:47:16
Print Post

[re: locutus] [link to this post]

Our Trustpilot reviews are genuine reviews from our customers and all reviews, good or bad are available to read immediately on the review site. Knowing where we can improve is vital to how we develop the various teams within our company and improve the customer experience at every step.

Darren Shenkin, heading up our business development, continues to drive the expansion of our network and delivery of our gigabit fibre broadband, across the UK in exciting new ways.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or by email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-Aug-17 20:37:22
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic_CS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Hyperoptic_CS:
Our Trustpilot reviews are genuine reviews from our customers and all reviews, good or bad are available to read immediately on the review site. Knowing where we can improve is vital to how we develop the various teams within our company and improve the customer experience at every step.

Darren Shenkin, heading up our business development, continues to drive the expansion of our network and delivery of our gigabit fibre broadband, across the UK in exciting new ways.

100% not exciting unless you are a student or live in a fancy block of flats.

Come roll out to a REAL neighbourhood. and then we would be impressed. Even the real city bits cry out for your service, remember that!
Standard User redriff
(newbie) Mon 21-Aug-17 13:31:05
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

I think that's rather unfair. I don't live in a fancy block of flats and I do live in a REAL neighborhood. They've even installed it in a dockyard near me and the people who live on those boats aren't wealthy. Rolling out to street-facing individual homes isn't their business model
Standard User alloneword
(member) Mon 21-Aug-17 15:02:20
Print Post

[re: redriff] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by redriff:
I think that's rather unfair. I don't live in a fancy block of flats and I do live in a REAL neighborhood. They've even installed it in a dockyard near me and the people who live on those boats aren't wealthy. Rolling out to street-facing individual homes isn't their business model
Indeed, I know your just round the corner from me and it's crazy.
In my case it was the chief executive of my housing assoc who said we didn't need it OMFG what a stupid munter some folks round here have 2 mbits, what can anyone do with that nowadays?

Guess i will have to wait till 2025 before i get superfast 10mbit broadband.

All1
Standard User redriff
(newbie) Tue 22-Aug-17 16:59:30
Print Post

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

I think the chief exec has overstepped the mark big time. He or she has no right to deny you of a decent broadband service. Were there enough expressions of interest in your block to make Hyperoptic feel an install was justified?
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Tue 22-Aug-17 17:20:39
Print Post

[re: redriff] [link to this post]

Edit. I misread the post and thought the reference was to Hyperoptic's chief exec rather than the Housing Association's.

Edited by MCM (Wed 23-Aug-17 03:30:08)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to