User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User alloneword
(member) Wed 23-Aug-17 02:33:33
Print Post

Re: Hyperoptic planning significant expansion

[re: redriff] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by redriff:
I think the chief exec has overstepped the mark big time. He or she has no right to deny you of a decent broadband service. Were there enough expressions of interest in your block to make Hyperoptic feel an install was justified?
My housing assoc (Wandle Housing) is run by a monkey, and she has no idea what day of the week it is, let alone this kind of issue, i know some hardware will need to be installed in our small (4 flats) block but we have the room, but as it will make no money for them they are not intrested, so muppets like me make use of Relish.Net while i can but i will lose that 30mbit in next 12 months as new development is oing up and will block my line of site to the cell mast so may well be back to 3mbits, oh the speeeeed
Standard User redriff
(newbie) Wed 23-Aug-17 16:35:07
Print Post

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

Shame the the Tenants Association isn't still going - we could have shown her up for the fool she is. We were expecting the same sort of trouble from Amicus Horizon, but as it turned out, they couldn't have been more helpful - they're keen on getting all their rotherhithe premises wired up

Edited by redriff (Wed 23-Aug-17 16:37:07)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 03-Sep-17 09:26:39
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic_CS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Hyperoptic_CS:
Our Trustpilot reviews are genuine reviews from our customers and all reviews, good or bad are available to read immediately on the review site. Knowing where we can improve is vital to how we develop the various teams within our company and improve the customer experience at every step.

Darren Shenkin, heading up our business development, continues to drive the expansion of our network and delivery of our gigabit fibre broadband, across the UK in exciting new ways.

get him to come to my town then, I'll even bank roll you!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 03-Sep-17 09:28:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by alloneword:
I think that's rather unfair. I don't live in a fancy block of flats and I do live in a REAL neighborhood. They've even installed it in a dockyard near me and the people who live on those boats aren't wealthy. Rolling out to street-facing individual homes isn't their business model
Indeed, I know your just round the corner from me and it's crazy.
In my case it was the chief executive of my housing assoc who said we didn't need it OMFG what a stupid munter some folks round here have 2 mbits, what can anyone do with that nowadays?

Guess i will have to wait till 2025 before i get superfast 10mbit broadband.

All1

The chief exec of a housing association will be on a 6 figure salary in the 2-300 range. Even directors are on 100K + (I was when I worked for one)

Don't ever expect them to give a toss, it's always the normal person who does (and gets things done)
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 03-Sep-17 09:29:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by alloneword:
I think that's rather unfair. I don't live in a fancy block of flats and I do live in a REAL neighborhood. They've even installed it in a dockyard near me and the people who live on those boats aren't wealthy. Rolling out to street-facing individual homes isn't their business model
Indeed, I know your just round the corner from me and it's crazy.
In my case it was the chief executive of my housing assoc who said we didn't need it OMFG what a stupid munter some folks round here have 2 mbits, what can anyone do with that nowadays?

Guess i will have to wait till 2025 before i get superfast 10mbit broadband.

All1

Also depends where you live - if you can only get 2 there are grants for satellite and wireless. E-mail someone at ruralBB and see if they can come to you - they only need 75 people to sign up and they do up to 500mbps right now
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to