User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User alloneword
(member) Thu 14-Sep-17 01:47:59
Print Post

Can someone at Hyperoptic explain this to me

[link to this post]

So was walking round my way today and came across some bods doing some work and noticed it said fibre on the signs so i went over to them and asked are you guys cabeling round this way? I thought it might have been OR or something, but no they say they were digging for Hyperoptic, i asked if it was for the big block next to where they were digging and they said no they were prepping for laying of cables.

So what does this mean? I can only presume you plan on supplying the whole local area, but on the same foot i would have thought we would have heard something sooner (market research etc) is anyone able to comment on this, staff or otherwise

All1
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Thu 14-Sep-17 13:16:41
Print Post

Re: Can someone at Hyperoptic explain this to me

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

We’re always happy to be noticed. From your description it sounds like the team was preparing the infrastructure, prior to laying the fibre. You are probably aware of how our process works, but once we have permission to install at a building and enough registered interest, we can install our services. In your area we have quite a lot of work going on, to increase our availability, so just in case you haven't already, you can register interest to show us there is demand for our fibre in your building -> http://ow.ly/docR30cxT3L. Let us know if you have any other questions, we’ll gladly respond.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or by email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User mmb
(newbie) Thu 14-Sep-17 13:38:08
Print Post

Where did you see that ? I live in Brunswick Quay and just got an email today saying that Hyperoptic have submitted a proposal to install full fibre broadband at Brunswick Quay - which to be honest I wasn't expecting as we are EO lines and have no green boxes near us

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Sep-17 14:31:38
Print Post

[re: mmb] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mmb:
Where did you see that ? I live in Brunswick Quay and just got an email today saying that Hyperoptic have submitted a proposal to install full fibre broadband at Brunswick Quay - which to be honest I wasn't expecting as we are EO lines and have no green boxes near us

But as they just said above, they install their own network - like Virgin do - only better.

SO EO lines, (which wont have green boxes, because they are EO lines) are neither here not there for HyperOptic!

As I said before, when they service a normal residential area of a few hundred houses, then I will be interested.

Never gonna happen I know.
Standard User mmb
(newbie) Thu 14-Sep-17 16:12:10
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Brunswick Quay is a mixture of around 200 houses and flats - the flats are in blocks of 5 so not the normal configuration for them - I suppose the way the flats and houses are built they are all next to each other so maybe that helps.
Standard User alloneword
(member) Thu 14-Sep-17 18:08:21
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic_CS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Hyperoptic_CS:
We’re always happy to be noticed. From your description it sounds like the team was preparing the infrastructure, prior to laying the fibre. You are probably aware of how our process works, but once we have permission to install at a building and enough registered interest, we can install our services. In your area we have quite a lot of work going on, to increase our availability, so just in case you haven't already, you can register interest to show us there is demand for our fibre in your building -> http://ow.ly/docR30cxT3L. Let us know if you have any other questions, we’ll gladly respond.

This answer does not make any sense to me, so your saying they are laying pipework for fibre yet there is no big block intrested in taking your network round here so why invest when there is nobody to sign up, sounds like left are does not know what right arm is doing or maybe it's more to do with the Brunswick Quay kind of operation
Standard User alloneword
(member) Thu 14-Sep-17 18:11:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by mmb:
Hi mmb i just seen your post in slow spots forum, i saw it in Rotherhithe Street, by Holy Trinty Church
https://goo.gl/maps/fd4iu947teL2
they were just finishing off one side of the ride and then moved over to the other side by 2 story block of flats.
Lets hope they do my way if the price is fair i'll take them that's for sure

All1
Standard User redriff
(newbie) Sat 16-Sep-17 09:39:16
Print Post

They will probably link the blocks of 5 flats with an external cable that's strung from roof level - they often do this with such layouts
Standard User redriff
(newbie) Sat 16-Sep-17 09:45:18
Print Post

Before we had it, the cables were already laid in the street, so when they installed for us, they just had to connect to a local node. Perhaps the cable was there for a big block opposite which has had it for a number of years. Probably the work you saw was for a development further away
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Tue 19-Sep-17 17:05:18
Print Post

Can someone at Hyperoptic explain this to me

We do have plans for several buildings in that area. Since we’re installing completely our own infrastructure to be able to offer our service, we tend to prepare ourselves for potentially expanding the number of buildings connected to our network in the same area. Based on our previous experience, once we arrive somewhere, quickly the residents of the surrounding buildings show us that there is a demand for our service there as well. When that is the case, we can run our fibre cabling to the buildings that wish to join our network. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or by email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to