User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User henhen666
(newbie) Fri 15-Sep-17 16:42:04
Print Post

switching to a third party router

[link to this post]

Hi folks, I'm currently trying to replace the hyperoptic router with my TP-Link Archer VR2600. The router setup page is asking me for PPPOE details and the hyperoptics supporting staff kept referring me to their online help page (attached below), however it doesn't contain the information I need. (https://support.hyperoptic.com/hc/en-gb/articles/203827721-Connecting-a-non-Hyperoptic-router)

Had anybody found any luck using a third party router? or maybe a way to set up the tplink router without needing to input those PPPOE details?

Much appreciated!
Standard User blueacid
(experienced) Mon 18-Sep-17 00:34:42
Print Post

Re: switching to a third party router

[re: henhen666] [link to this post]

Hyperoptic's network does not use PPPoE.
PPPoE is used when you still need to authenticate, and would be appropriate if you were on VDSL & had connected the BT VDSL modem to your TP-Link router.

Is there any way you can put the WAN port into just plain DHCP mode?
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 18-Sep-17 09:04:54
Print Post

Looking at the emulator for the VR2600, you would need to go to 'advanced' (top of page) and then operation mode>wireless router mode. This would put the router into 'access point' mode and you should be good to go.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10 running Voxel

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User henhen666
(newbie) Tue 19-Sep-17 09:23:49
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

amazing, all fixed. thank you so much!
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Tue 19-Sep-17 16:15:40
Print Post

Hi there, thanks everyone for working on resolving this query. Feel free to contact us or mention us here and we'll gladly assist you. Our CS team is also available 24/7 at 0333 332 1111 and support@hyperoptic.com.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or by email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to