User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 13-Oct-17 00:44:52
Print Post

Hub Spec?

[link to this post]

I'm moving into a block of flats where Hyperoptic is available but not yet installed in the flat I will be in.

I expect to get it but could someone tell me what the specs of the Hyperoptic hub are?

There are some postings here from 2015 which stated that at the time it didn't support AC WiFi for some reason - I certainly hope that's no longer the case!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 13-Oct-17 08:24:09
Print Post

Re: Hub Spec?

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

Don't believe the 802.11ac hardware has been rolled out yet, so still same wireless spec, router can be replaced by yourself or add a dual band wireless access point

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Oct-17 11:29:39
Print Post

Single band 2.4ghz, you likely need to buy your own AP.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Tue 17-Oct-17 16:35:09
Print Post

Hi there, our Hyper Hub which is currently installed is ZTE ZXHN H298N. It's an N type of router. If you would like to check more details, feel free to contact us, our CS team is here 24/7.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or by email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Realalemadrid
(member) Tue 17-Oct-17 19:33:36
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic_CS] [link to this post]

Well over many years I have seen some very poor responses from customer service people but "it's an N type of router" is unbelievably bad, I am so relieved that where I live there will be no possibillty of having to deal with Hyperoptic.
Standard User jonesad24
(newbie) Wed 18-Oct-17 21:01:59
Print Post

[re: Realalemadrid] [link to this post]

You think that's bad? I have been waiting for a few days for the IT support to figure out why my External HDD which is plugged into my Hyperoptic router via USB isn't showing on my home network. I'm not sure how many people work in their IT support but if none of them can figure that out I dread to think what they would do if the problem was more complex.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 19-Oct-17 13:44:25
Print Post

[re: jonesad24] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jonesad24:
You think that's bad? I have been waiting for a few days for the IT support to figure out why my External HDD which is plugged into my Hyperoptic router via USB isn't showing on my home network.
Have you configured the FTP application?
  Print Thread

Jump to