User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 09-Nov-17 00:52:13
Print Post

No free speed upgrades for existing customers?

[link to this post]

As per my other post, I had Hyperoptic installed last month.

Imagine my pleasant surprise to read that

UK ISP Hyperoptic, which is rolling out a 1Gbps Fibre-to-the-Building (FTTP/B) broadband network in 28 UK cities and towns, has announced that their 20Mbps and 100Mbps packages will from tomorrow see a free 50% speed boost.

However, unlike other ISPs (BT, Virgin etc), it seems that Hyperoptic are not upgrading existing customers to these new speeds automatically - have to say this is quite disappointing and as an ex-Be Broadband customer not the type of behavior I expected from Hyperoptic.

Edited by gt94sss2 (Thu 09-Nov-17 00:53:10)

Standard User locutus
(experienced) Thu 09-Nov-17 08:37:48
Print Post

Re: No free speed upgrades for existing customers?

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

Correct, Hyperoptic appear to be trying to mislead customers again.

For me, it's a price increase if I wanted the "free speed boost".

--
Views expressed are mine and not necessarily those of my employer.
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Thu 09-Nov-17 12:26:45
Print Post

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

Hi there, we'd love to help you get the most out of our broadband service. We'll gladly sign you up for 12 months with our new speeds. We'd make sure to get you the same price you're currently paying or even a better one. For more details and to be able to provide you the most precise info, please contact us on 0333 332 1111, support@hyperoptic.com or via Twitter using @HyperopticCS. Thanks.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User locutus
(experienced) Thu 09-Nov-17 13:33:42
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic_CS] [link to this post]

I was offered it for a higher price than my current deal, so not quite true.

--
Views expressed are mine and not necessarily those of my employer.
(isp) Thu 09-Nov-17 14:13:22
Print Post

[re: locutus] [link to this post]

That's not what we like to hear. Please contact us to check this for you, we'll do our best to make things right. Thanks in advance.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User HurdyGurdy
(newbie) Wed 15-Nov-17 23:06:41
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic_CS] [link to this post]

Still pretty nasty to force us in another 12month contract. Not what i like to hear from a company that i was able to defend as a beacon of good CS vs most other firms.

Are CS briefed they should at least give the same package when we contact them ?
(isp) Thu 16-Nov-17 13:54:19
Print Post

[re: HurdyGurdy] [link to this post]

Hi there, the contract is being renewed since the service you're subscribed to and which we oblige to provide changes with the package change, so we need to make sure that the contract reflects that. When you contact us about the free speed upgrade, our lovely CS team is able to provide you the same or even better monthly price. You start getting higher broadband speed shortly after contacting the team. Let us know if you have any other questions, we'll gladly respond. Thanks.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Print Thread

Jump to