User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pedrovski
(newbie) Thu 05-Apr-18 12:38:51
Print Post

HO IPv6 roll out started.

[link to this post]

The long promised IPv6 rollout on Hyperoptic has now started. I have it and it's working fine. The good news is that Hyperoptic seem to have done a decent job of it.

If you are using the HO provided router you don't have to do anything, it will just work. You may well have it already without even realising...

If, like me, you do not use the HO router, things are still just as good. HO have gone with a very standard (typical) method to provision IPv6 and there is nothing odd or unexpected to deal with. The initial Link Local config is done with SLAAC and your Prefix Delegation can be obtained via DHCPv6. I'm getting a /56 PD, so I assume that everyone else will too.

There is currently no information anywhere that I can find from HO regarding IPv6 setup for those using their own router, so if this is you then all you really need to know is that you can use SLAAC & DHCPv6 PD. A careful search on Google should get you the info you need for your particular router.

Good to see HO get this right, well done HO!
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Fri 06-Apr-18 17:15:15
Print Post

Re: HO IPv6 roll out started.

[re: pedrovski] [link to this post]

Thanks so much, we begun roll out some time ago and we're glad to hear that you're the latest beneficiary.

We appreciate your feedback and we find it to be truly valuable. It will be leading to us updating the FAQs to include IPv6 set-up guide for non-hyperoptic routers. They usually pick up on the settings automatically, but we'll be posting the steps to follow when that isn't the case, to make sure you can benefit from having an IPv6 address straight away from the moment when you receive it.

Keep an eye on our website and, thanks to you bringing this to our attention, there will be an FAQs page dedicated to this soon from now.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User mitchblank
(newbie) Sun 13-May-18 18:57:17
Print Post

Yes, IPv6 is working perfectly here as well. Thanks so much to Hyperoptic for getting it implemented.

The only hiccup I had using my own router is that I was requesting only a /60, but Hyperoptic always seems to return a whole /56. Since in my dhcp6c.conf I was using a 4-bit sla-len that meant that my local networks ended up each assigned a /60 which of course caused some problems. Once I adjusted my sla-len to 8 bits everything just clicked into place.

The only thing that will make it better is if they start offering ip6.arpa DNS delegation (hint, hint) but that's probably a niche concern

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User blueacid
(experienced) Sat 02-Jun-18 00:08:52
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic_CS] [link to this post]

When is the rollout coming to Manchester? Wondering if you've got any rolled out here already, or if I'm still going to be waiting?
Standard User adspence
(newbie) Tue 19-Jun-18 15:46:55
Print Post

What is the timescale on the roll-out? Given it was originally 2017.

Given the mess and restrictions that CGNAT has caused I will be waiting for IPv6 as there is no way I'm paying the rip-off £5/month for a static IP.
Standard User HurdyGurdy
(newbie) Wed 20-Jun-18 01:13:14
Print Post

Hijacking thread a bit ...

Doe anyone have any details on what one would need to change in the router to get this to work

HO shared me my v6 address which when entered seems to connect, however not able to connect to any webpage with address not resolved error.

i select static IPV6 , but have no gateway details which i reckon could be the problem ?

BTW router is a draytek but reckon there is nothing specific on it's setup
Standard User HyperHyperLad
(newbie) Fri 13-Jul-18 03:20:48
Print Post

Any idea when the complete rollout is meant to be finished? Still no IPv6 frown
  Print Thread

Jump to