User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ScouseIrish
(newbie) Wed 06-Jun-18 10:34:56
Print Post

Anyone else struggling with renewing Hyperoptic contracts?

[link to this post]

Situation:
Contract has ended, now on rolling month to month
Problem
I would like to sign up for a new 12 month package but the price is even more than the rolling month to month cost and I am not entitled to any of the "New customer offers"
Comments
When I was with Sky, the only condition for getting their new offers was to sign up for a new contract period, is this something that the CS rep I've spoken has gotten wrong or is this just the way HO works?

For now I'm going to stick with the month to month as it a) Is cheaper and b) allows me to cancel with 30 days if I need to move.

Has anyone else had any problems like this?

Hyperoptic, 100Mb
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Wed 06-Jun-18 16:39:42
Print Post

Re: Anyone else struggling with renewing Hyperoptic contract

[re: ScouseIrish] [link to this post]

Thanks for your comments about this.

We have different promotional offers available, some of them are exclusive ones for new customers, a way to welcome them, and there are the ones available to existing customers depending on the terms of their contract.

If you'd like us to double check the offers available to you, send us a PM with your account no. or address, we'll look into it and get back to you. Thank you.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User blueacid
(experienced) Fri 08-Jun-18 14:42:37
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic_CS] [link to this post]

For how long do you need to leave to not be considered a new customer?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Fri 08-Jun-18 15:10:09
Print Post

Anyone else struggling with renewing Hyperoptic contract

[re: blueacid] [link to this post]

When it comes to the "new customer" term, it's referring to the customers who are placing an order for our service and yet to start using it. Everyone who is already online using our broadband would be considered an existing customer.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User dragon2611
(experienced) Sat 09-Jun-18 11:27:27
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic_CS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Hyperoptic_CS:
When it comes to the "new customer" term, it's referring to the customers who are placing an order for our service and yet to start using it. Everyone who is already online using our broadband would be considered an existing customer.

Well that's certainly an interesting way to put it as the account holder may not be the one using the service, there's also likely to be other people who are not the account holder using the service (family, friends.etc)

Virgin Media + AAISP L2TP tunnel
Standard User Binary_Digit
(regular) Sun 10-Jun-18 13:42:12
Print Post

[re: ScouseIrish] [link to this post]

Seeing many of the introductory offers were heavily discounted and this is pointed out when you sign up.. i'm not sure what people expect. It costs money to roll out in these apartments/blocks, so i wouldn't be expecting a better deal at the end of my contract (i moved apartment just before my contract ended with Hyperoptic). Plus it is usually many times faster than other services available locally so expect to be paying more anyways.
  Print Thread

Jump to