User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mmb
(newbie) Thu 19-Jul-18 15:38:20
Print Post

Re: Project Greenland Dock

[re: redriff] [link to this post]

Not building my hopes up - its not just Brunswick Quay that was put on hold it was the other side of the dock as well - Greenland Quay. Also so far the road markings only go down the main entrance road in Brunswick Quay and so far I haven't seen any markings on the pavements on the dock front.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 19-Jul-18 15:45:17
Print Post

[re: mmb] [link to this post]

Private is private, so unless the council was to buy out the private owner they have no say.

USO does not need to be fibre, it may be a 4G or 5G service for example. Also Relish if an area may be able to argue they provide a USO capable service and thus USO clauses don't apply

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mmb
(newbie) Thu 19-Jul-18 16:14:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

When Southwark Labour pledged in 2014 to bring superfast broadband to Rotherhithe they didn't say but only to the council properties - you would have thought they could have included the Greenland Dock in there agreement.

http://www.southwarklabour.co.uk/latest-news/southwa...

Yes the USO is unclear how it will work but so far Relish can't supply 10mb download speeds in Brunswick Quay

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User alloneword
(member) Fri 20-Jul-18 01:17:22
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
USO does not need to be fibre, it may be a 4G or 5G service for example. Also Relish if an area may be able to argue they provide a USO capable service and thus USO clauses don't apply
Yup this is my way of seeing it Relish do give you 30+MB at 3am so meets USO obligations, and there you have it your screwed you could well be left with 3-5mb or relish with it's up and downs, they say it's grim up North, hell you want to try round here.

All1
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 20-Jul-18 09:46:42
Print Post

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

Yeap, USO is 10 Mbps sync and 1 Mbps sync or better.

i.e. it is not a throughput measure.

On wireless services the overhead between 'sync' and throughput can actually be higher compared to the xDSL overheads

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to