User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User HyperHyperLad
(newbie) Mon 02-Jul-18 18:44:01
Print Post

Is anyone experiencing CloudFlare CAPTCHAs constantly?

[link to this post]

Hey all,

Starting around Saturday, I've been receiving constant captchas on any website that uses CloudFlare. I receive it every single time, on any website that uses CloudFlare. It affects all my devices - Mac, iPhone and Apple TV! Even worse, if an app uses CloudFlare as well, I will just receive a 403 error, since there's no way for CloudFlare's challenge to appear.

I have spoken to CS who said they've forwarded my enquiry to the Networking team, but I'm curious if anyone else has been having issues as well?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 02-Jul-18 22:06:55
Print Post

Re: Is anyone experiencing CloudFlare CAPTCHAs constantly?

[re: HyperHyperLad] [link to this post]

To me sounds like Cloudflare is seeing lots of activity due to the IPv4 CGNAT issue and this would trigger the verify on sites more often

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User prlzx
(experienced) Mon 02-Jul-18 22:57:14
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Services like CloudFlare need to adapt to the changing realities don't they?

Though surely it has long been poor to assume anything from the source IPv4 address as regards to blacklisting, greylisting as presumably most people are coming from a shared pool of IPv4 rather than a static.

I thought these days browser session cookies would be the distinguishing attribute not the re-use of an IP address.

prlzx on iDNET: VDSL / 21CN at ~40Mbps / 10Mbps
with IP4/6 (no v6? - not true Internet)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Wed 04-Jul-18 13:14:42
Print Post

Hi there, we would like to investigate this further for you. Please DM us your details and a member of our tech support team will get in touch. Thanks.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(newbie) Fri 06-Jul-18 10:49:54
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic_CS] [link to this post]

Well, sad to note it is still happening. Doesn't help that most of the web now uses CloudFlare! What's the point in even receiving service at this point. frown

I've tried forcing a change of IP, and while I do get a new one, still the same CAPTCHA challenge.
Standard User InternetSurfer
(newbie) Wed 11-Jul-18 17:24:44
Print Post

I'm receiving the captchas all the time too. Was there any progress with the network team?
Standard User blueacid
(experienced) Wed 11-Jul-18 17:36:29
Print Post

[re: InternetSurfer] [link to this post]

I guess Hyperoptic could/should contact Cloudflare, to provide their CGNAT IP address ranges; wonder if that happened.

For the record, I'm on a static IP and I've not noticed any captchas, which lends more ammo to the theory that it's because of the sheer volume of requests coming from those IPs
(newbie) Fri 13-Jul-18 03:17:02
Print Post

[re: blueacid] [link to this post]

I PMed CS on here, and they managed to resolve it by Friday night. I had no internet for a good 10 minutes - i assume that was me being assigned some different IPs. Hopefully doesn't happen again!
  Print Thread

Jump to