User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User McHaggis69
(newbie) Tue 28-Aug-18 21:54:20
Print Post

Complete Outage

[link to this post]

Edinburgh (not sure of anywhere else) had planned maintenance today between 1pm and 5pm.

My connection went down at 2.30pm and has been down ever since (now 9:50pm).

This is the second complete loss of service in about a month for me and after a fairytale start with Hyperoptic in year one, the cracks are beginning to show. How long before it is fixed this time?

Tried re-booting the router to no avail.

Nothing is working.
Standard User locutus
(experienced) Wed 29-Aug-18 08:38:07
Print Post

Re: Complete Outage

[re: McHaggis69] [link to this post]

Hyperoptic do seem to pick some very strange change windows. You'd expect them to do things overnight that could cause an impact, but they seem to prefer daytime.

I'd have been on the phone by 2.45pm. Have you called and what did they say?

--
Views expressed are mine and not necessarily those of my employer.
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Wed 29-Aug-18 10:10:52
Print Post

Hi, we're sorry for this being the case. It's highly unusual since all the other customers there included in the maintenance process were back online as soon as it was completed. Our team is troubleshooting and doing their best to restore your connection as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience while they are on it.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User McHaggis69
(newbie) Wed 29-Aug-18 12:11:49
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic_CS] [link to this post]

Hi support,

Thats not quite true.

Although some users in my development are back up and running I know of at least one other user with exactly the same symptoms as me - i.e. the connection has been dead since the planned maintenance.

He is on a fixed IP (as am I) - this was the problem around 6 weeks ago when we suffered speed degradation.

It does appear to be a common denominator - take a fixed IP for £5 per month and suffer regular speed issues and total loss of connectivity...
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Wed 29-Aug-18 14:50:57
Print Post

Thank you, we completely understand. Rest assured that we'll check what caused this and make sure to prevent it from happening again.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User McHaggis69
(newbie) Thu 30-Aug-18 22:22:01
Print Post

[re: Hyperoptic_CS] [link to this post]

for the record, my connection came back up around 4pm yesterday - some tweaking at HO got it back up and running.
Standard User boxrick
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Sep-18 15:47:21
Print Post

My connection is still down, multiple reboots and playing with my router and nothing. Cannot even ping the gateway from the router...

Just emailed customer service and had no response yet... but I rely on this for work and various other things.
  Print Thread

Jump to