User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mr_mojo
(knowledge is power) Sat 17-Nov-18 16:36:45
Print Post

Black friday deal

[link to this post]

Really annoying that literally 0 of the special offers that hyperoptic run are available to existing customers. I will be soon paying £40/month for something they are offering new customers £22/month on the black friday deal. I think they are really exploiting the fact that some people have no other option apart from hyperoptic in many developments.

Edited by mr_mojo (Sat 17-Nov-18 16:42:53)

Standard User locutus
(experienced) Tue 20-Nov-18 09:28:51
Print Post

Re: Black friday deal

[re: mr_mojo] [link to this post]

I agree. That's one downside with Hyperoptic. Existing customers get shafted once their new customer deal is up.

--
Views expressed are mine and not necessarily those of my employer.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 20-Nov-18 11:01:55
Print Post

[re: locutus] [link to this post]

Have seen a couple of exchanges on social media like this and the result if I recall, was phone them and negotiate in return for signing another contract term.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User locutus
(experienced) Tue 20-Nov-18 12:32:05
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

You can, but you rarely get the new customer prices.

Hyperoptic also don't tell you when your contract is up and the price is about to increase, aren't other companies getting into trouble for this?

--
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 20-Nov-18 12:49:22
Print Post

Ofcom is moving to introduce rules around that, the quick fix is don't pay by credit card but use Direct Debit payment so you get notifications of any price changes.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User locutus
(experienced) Tue 20-Nov-18 12:53:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I do, and the price has gone up twice in the last two months. The first I thought was when my contract ended, then this months bill went up another £12.

Hyperoptic should be informing customers when their deals end, not relying on a direct debit email. We could also do with an effective regulator, but that's another topic!

--
Standard User HurdyGurdy
(newbie) Wed 12-Dec-18 00:50:06
Print Post

post on twitter - honestly it works wink
  Print Thread

Jump to