User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User McHaggis69
(newbie) Thu 06-Dec-18 20:29:40
Print Post

Re: speed - AGAIN

[re: blueacid] [link to this post]

My problem persists.

Every evening my download speed drops to <100Mb/sec
Right now showing 37Mb/sec

H/O tell me they are doing some maintenance on 12th December in my area which should help.

Will just need to grin and bear it meantime.
Standard User blueacid
(experienced) Fri 07-Dec-18 13:02:55
Print Post

[re: McHaggis69] [link to this post]

During the slowdowns, does it also go slow on speed.hyperoptic.co.uk ?
Also, do your ping times raise?

It does rather sound to me as though the main link to your building is becoming congested, and the remedial work that's coming up will be to address this problem by adding more capacity.

Also, if you use the ThinkBroadband speed tester, the HTTPx1 and HTTPx6 tests might further add evidence to that case!
Standard User McHaggis69
(newbie) Sun 09-Dec-18 22:44:39
Print Post

Yeah, even using hyperoptic's own speed test it drops.
Ping times increase, but generally around 20-30

Link to Thinkbroadband speed test result - https://www.thinkbroadband.com/_assets/speedtest/but...

Whats more annoying is no-one else in my development is reporting a problem - it may be that there are onlya few on the gigabit speed setting - some maybe havent even noticed.

As you can see, the down speed is pitiful for a gigabit connection that used to perform at or about 850Mb/s constantly.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User McHaggis69
(newbie) Sun 09-Dec-18 22:51:36
Print Post

It struck me that I wonder if the problem is connected with BT linking fibre to the building a few weeks back?

I dont know the technicalities, but up until H/O agreed to do FTTH in my development, we were stuck with broadband only - no BT fibre available at all.

A few weeks back, BT came and installed a new cabinet with what I assume is fibre into our building... (they dug up the road from the cabinet into our underground car park where our main incomers are for H/O).

Could they have screwed something up for me?

I know, clutching at straws here.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 09-Dec-18 23:06:22
Print Post

[re: McHaggis69] [link to this post]

If the fibre to the new BT/Openreach kit had messed up the fibre for Hyperoptic you'd probably have NO connection

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15443952082... the full page with the graphs shows a short burst of good speeds then tailing off over a long time

I'd suggest its possible the building may be running on just a Gigabit connection or 2 Gigabit
Another option is if you have a static IP rather than the CGNAT some in the past have had issues when others on CGNAT have been fine

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to