User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Hadenough
(newbie) Wed 19-Jan-11 10:53:07
Print Post

Discount, Overcharge or Mistake

[link to this post]

As a User of IdNet the recent increase in VAT prompted me to check my bill, all seemed OK until I checked IdNet homepage for service charges.

It would seem at present 19/01/11 and on combined ADSL + Phone you can receive the service for one pound less than billed if you take out a new service or upgrade your phone service via your login account.

I have contacted IdNet whom say this is a VAT increase error on their homepage, unfortunately the 2.5% vat increase does not equate to the £1 across the board price difference and so far they have not altered the prices on their homepage.

Perhaps all present customers should insist on the price decrease that they are advertising.

Edited by Hadenough (Wed 19-Jan-11 18:19:59)

Standard User rikbean
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Jan-11 18:24:33
Print Post

Re: Discount, Overcharge or Mistake

[re: Hadenough] [link to this post]

I'm sure it's an error, but I'll make sure IDNet know about it.

You cannot insist on goods or services being supplied at the advertised rate, btw.

Standard User rikbean
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Jan-11 18:48:00
Print Post

[re: rikbean] [link to this post]

I understand it was a mistake, with the discount applied twice to one package, and has now been rectified.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Linc
(committed) Thu 20-Jan-11 22:46:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by rikbean:
.....You cannot insist on goods or services being supplied at the advertised rate, btw.

Whilst I agree, I am not too certain that Trading Standards would be as forgiving of a misleading advert and was pleased to see it was a mistake - and (presumably) corrected.

The hardest journey you will make is meeting people half way!

Edited by Linc (Thu 20-Jan-11 22:48:00)

Standard User rikbean
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 21-Jan-11 12:35:00
Print Post

[re: Linc] [link to this post]

Trading Standards would look at it, but they accept mistakes do happen.

Standard User Curious_Child
(committed) Wed 26-Jan-11 21:05:37
Print Post

Actually, if TS were to become involved, the phrase "offer to treat" might well be a new one for you to learn about.

Never mind TS, we all accept that mistakes are made, but that does not mean they do not end up costing those who make them.

Cheers
C C
Pipex - The Customer, Stupid.
Standard User Hadenough
(newbie) Fri 28-Jan-11 10:42:22
Print Post

[re: Hadenough] [link to this post]

It would seem the lower advertised prices (19/01/11) were a mistake because the quoted prices for all packages across the board was £1 less than being charged, this has now been rectified.

Edited by Hadenough (Fri 28-Jan-11 11:02:36)

Standard User rikbean
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 28-Jan-11 16:26:03
Print Post

[re: Curious_Child] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Curious_Child:

Actually, if TS were to become involved, the phrase "offer to treat" might well be a new one for you to learn about.

One I know very well.

Never mind TS, we all accept that mistakes are made, but that does not mean they do not end up costing those who make them.

It doesn't, though in my experience a simple mistake, speedily corrected, is accepted as the human condition. TS will, though, usually take a long hard look at the website in general and, if necessary, instruct the company to make changes in respect of any breaches of consumer law that they find.

Print Thread

Jump to