User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 03-Feb-11 09:10:59
Print Post

Does anything ...

[link to this post]

... ever happen in here?

To put it another way, IDNet always had an almost flawless reputation, but when they introduced ADSL2+, (BT WBC/WBMC), there did seem to be quite a lot of issues.

Now the forum seems almost moribund, as though you are all too busy/contented using a working system. I'm thinking of joining on Fibre Lite or Fibre Plus so came here to find the snags.

Errr ..., I'm still looking tongue! Where are they hidden laugh?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 03-Feb-11 10:11:03
Print Post

Re: Does anything ...

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

You're more or less right tongue

Most of what action there is happens on the IDNetters support forum- http://www.idnetters.co.uk

Have a look- you can see the technical sections without registering, but you'll need to join if you want to post or see the others.

You don't have to be an IDNet customer to join and we don't bite. Well, not very often wink

edit- it's a semi-official support forum, IDNet host it and keep an eye open on it, but it's run by users/volunteers, not IDNet staff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM

Edited by billford (Thu 03-Feb-11 10:14:08)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Barbazoom
(regular) Thu 03-Feb-11 10:30:22
Print Post

IDNet? Snags? There aren't any. I've been with them for three years now and have never had a problem nor cause for complaint. Same boring old 6.7 meg download speed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week throughout the year. No throttling etc etc. Yawns!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JNeuhoff
(committed) Thu 03-Feb-11 11:09:32
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Yes, nothing much has happened on IDNet.

Having said that, they still havn't sorted out our poor internet connection, always blaming BT for everything, yet not getting them to solve line and exchange problems. Crowded local exchange excuse for more than a year now?

J.Neuhoff - MHC Web Design
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 03-Feb-11 11:19:39
Print Post

[re: JNeuhoff] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by JNeuhoff:
Yes, nothing much has happened on IDNet.

Having said that, they still havn't sorted out our poor internet connection, always blaming BT for everything, yet not getting them to solve line and exchange problems. Crowded local exchange excuse for more than a year now?
IDNet can ask BT to fix line or exchange problems, but they can't make them do it. And if it needs significant money being spent on new kit or more capacity, they almost certainly won't.

BT will go their own sweet way, same as always.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM

Edited by billford (Thu 03-Feb-11 11:29:42)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Tacitus
(experienced) Thu 03-Feb-11 15:43:17
Print Post

[re: JNeuhoff] [link to this post]

Surely, if it was that bad you'd have gone elsewhere by now...... Since you must be on a BT wholesale connection you have plenty of others to choose from smile
Standard User kinmel
(experienced) Thu 03-Feb-11 20:43:25
Print Post

[re: Tacitus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Tacitus:
Surely, if it was that bad you'd have gone elsewhere by now...... Since you must be on a BT wholesale connection you have plenty of others to choose from smile

Too true, after 4 years at 4512 and above I had line problems and Idnet accepted BT's claim that my line could only achieve a 2500 sync despite previous BTSpeedtest evidence to the contrary. The story was that lines vary over time and this was the new reality.

BT charged Idnet £119 for an engineer visit and even though none of my equipment was used during the test which still showed the fault, it was claimed that the loss was entirely due to my disconnected wiring and equipment. After weeks of low sync rates I moved to another ISP and at the exact moment of changeover my line sync'd at 4000+ and now stands at 5196.

Idnet still claim that this enormous change in sync rate at the exact moment of changing ISPs was simply normal line performance changes. Idnet would not challenge BT's extremely poor line testing.

Just move ISPs and see what happens, AAISP will even give you a 30 day trial while they try to fix your line.

(sensei) Thu 03-Feb-11 22:10:35
Print Post

[re: kinmel] [link to this post]

Hmmm.

That's two bad reports on CS already. That's worrying.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User Andrew_W
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-Feb-11 10:17:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Hmmm.

That's two bad reports on CS already. That's worrying.

You can ignore Mr. Neuhoff, he's always complaining! He ought to move to TT wink

Andrew
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Fri 04-Feb-11 10:56:39
Print Post

[re: kinmel] [link to this post]

enormous change in sync rate at the exact moment of changing ISPs

you either went onto LLU, changed product to ADSL2+ or had an SNRM profile reset.

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to