User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User JNeuhoff
(committed) Fri 04-Feb-11 13:04:44
Print Post

Re: Does anything ...

[re: billford] [link to this post]

IDNet can ask BT to fix line or exchange problems, but they can't make them do it.

Agreed. I know for sure that the issue is either the local exchange or BT's 20CN backbone. Our lines are fine (though using copper wires is a joke), they are however always synchronized at the 7.15mbps profile to the exchange. I don't accept IDNet's excuse that the local exchange is overcrowded,because no status page on BT or IDNet ever indicated anything like that. I would have expected IDNet's customer service to put more pressure on BT to sort it out because IDNet basically is a reseller of BT.

J.Neuhoff - MHC Web Design
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 04-Feb-11 19:51:02
Print Post

[re: Andrew_W] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Andrew_W:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Hmmm.

That's two bad reports on CS already. That's worrying.

You can ignore Mr. Neuhoff, he's always complaining! He ought to move to TT wink
Check out his website laugh

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User Tacitus
(experienced) Fri 04-Feb-11 21:22:16
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

If he's on Brightlingsea exchange he could move to TT as the only LLU provider, or choose to go with any number of BT wholesale providers. Given the location though I imagine there's been very little investment by BT, so whether a move would produce any improvement is unknown.

Since iDNet is only a one month contract I really don't know what's stopping him from trying someone else.....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 04-Feb-11 21:35:17
Print Post

[re: Tacitus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Tacitus:
If he's on Brightlingsea exchange he could move to TT as the only LLU provider
If TT is present then vivaciti and xilo/uno both off full LLU via Opal Wholesale (Think BT Wholesale compared to BT Broadband), and vivaciti at least can now also provide partial LLU via Opal.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Fri 04-Feb-11 21:53:39
Print Post

[re: Tacitus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Tacitus:
Given the location though I imagine there's been very little investment by BT
Seems likely... it's been mentioned before:

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/idnet/t/3607414-idn...

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User JNeuhoff
(committed) Sat 05-Feb-11 19:15:18
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thank you RobertoS for pointing it out. I am aware of the CPW equipment at the local exchange, however I was told by their sales person that for the time being it won't offer the full LLU speed. Also, TalkTalk doesn't seem to have a good reputation from what I can see both at ThinkBroadband or ISPReview. I'll look again into some of the CPW resellers, like Xilo, according to their online checkers our local exchange isn't yet supported by their LLU packages, but I think it should be available soon. None of the current landline-based providers is able to offer higher upload speeds, they all seem to be capped to less than 1mbps, often less than 832kbps. At the moment, midweek evening speeds drop considerably here, often to a point where the internet becomes unusable.

Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 06-Feb-11 02:12:34
Print Post

[re: JNeuhoff] [link to this post]

Our checker does not yet report these services - but this will change in the next few days smile

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User JNeuhoff
(committed) Sun 06-Feb-11 15:28:57
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Thanks, good to know. Will your upcoming CPW LLU package provide full ADSL2+ speeds, e.g. 24mbps, or will it be capped like TalkTalk does?

Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 06-Feb-11 15:48:44
Print Post

We already provide the service and line rates can go up to full line speed.

I have one sitting between 21-23Mb on a 6db Fast profile.

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User vivaciti
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 07-Feb-11 19:22:34
Print Post

Our checker should work for you if you need to look at whats there for you: https://vivaciti.net/signup.php

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to