User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User NickyJ
(newbie) Fri 18-Feb-11 11:30:57
Print Post

Considering Joining

[link to this post]

I am considering joining IDNet. We are with Freedom 2 Surf... er Sorry Talk Talk Business, and over the last few weeks since they rebranded I THINK they have introduced traffic management.

They are the same price, same download cap I had of 10Gb but you can pay for extra (well F2S just let us use extra but the £1.02 a Gb extra is reasonable for the few occasions I use it. I am also not committed beyond the first month.

We particularly use connection for downloading occasional things, iplayer, PS3 online gaming and general surfing and emails. Any comments? Suggestions? Complaints? Accolades? This will be the first time we have moved ADSL (we have been F2S customers for 7yrs!), so any comments about migrating will be appreciated.

A quick look through here shows people seem happy.
Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Feb-11 12:32:08
Print Post

Re: Considering Joining

[re: NickyJ] [link to this post]

You will not be disappointed if you join. Idnet are a first rate, friendly and experienced company. You would deal with a small friendly group on help and support who will talk to you at the level of competnece you have reached. Everything is based in UK. Have a look at IDNETTERS They are the Unofficial support site and Idnet management are always there to help if necesary although the moderators are very good but tend to eat a lot. smile

Alf
------------------------------------
smile IDNET Happiness Online smile
I am in no way employed or connected with IDnet other than as a customer.

Idnetters Official Forums

There are 11 kinds of people, those who understand binary, those who don't and those who don't care.
Standard User JNeuhoff
(committed) Fri 18-Feb-11 15:14:41
Print Post

Bear in mind that IDNet is not a LLU provider, they only use BT infrastructure for their services and are therefore more expensive.

So unless there is a FTTC available in your area you might also consider other providers using the CPW LLU equipment (I assume that's what your current provider uses) so you won't be subject to traffic management or poor customer service etc.

J.Neuhoff - MHC Web Design

Edited by JNeuhoff (Fri 18-Feb-11 15:16:57)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rikbean
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 18-Feb-11 17:11:18
Print Post

[re: cavillas] [link to this post]

Moi, Alf? smile

Standard User Tacitus
(experienced) Fri 18-Feb-11 19:06:08
Print Post

[re: JNeuhoff] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by JNeuhoff:
........you might also consider other providers using the CPW LLU equipment (I assume that's what your current provider uses) so you won't be subject to traffic management or poor customer service etc.
You seem to be implying that iDNet both traffic shape, (they don't) and, their customer service is poor, (in my experience it isn't). Being with an LLU supplier does not of itself guarantee top quality customer service.

Where I would agree is that an LLU operator will not use BTs DLM and so they do gain a wider range of options for line management. This may or may not be an advantage depending on the quality of the particular line.

Since iDNet offer a 1 month contract, the OP has nothing to lose by giving them a go.
Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Feb-11 11:56:58
Print Post

Grind Axe still any mix of these words. smile

Alf

There are 11 kinds of people, those who understand binary, those who don't and those who don't care.
Standard User JNeuhoff
(committed) Sat 19-Feb-11 13:51:17
Print Post

[re: cavillas] [link to this post]

I had the CPW LLU in mind.

While often used by TalkTalk, where many users complain of its poor customer service and its traffic shaping, other ISP's using the CPW LLU may well offer much better services for it.

IDNet itself may have good customer service, and it doesn't use traffic management, yet IDNet is also quite expensive because it only uses the BT infrastructure. IDNet doesn't yet offer LLU services. When something goes wrong with the BT network, IDNet may not always be able to get BT to sort things out.

Hence my advice to the OP is to also consider some of the better ISPs using the CPW LLU instead of BT network.

J.Neuhoff - MHC Web Design
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Feb-11 14:31:49
Print Post

When something goes wrong with the BT network, IDNet may not always be able to get BT to sort things out.

I think in some ways that applies to a great number of ISPs using BT's IP Stream wink

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Feb-11 17:09:40
Print Post

I think mentioning TalkTalk should go through the swear filter. wink Yess LLU can be better if there is a good ISP running it, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be many good isp's on most llu's anymore, perhaps things might change.

Alf

Standard User ChickenHawk
(newbie) Sat 19-Feb-11 21:19:12
Print Post

You wont regret it if you do. Top notch service, product and support.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to