User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User DougM
(regular) Wed 23-Feb-11 19:08:30
Print Post

Does IDNet Offer IPv6 Support

[link to this post]

This page shows that IDNet supports IPv6, but I could find no information on the IDNet website.

Can anyone here confirm that native IPv6 is supported? Anyone here using it?

I am currently achieve <2Mbps with Sky LLU, and with my BT cabinet set for FTTC in a couple of months to improve my throughput I will need to find a new supplier. I'm running an IPv6 tunnel using my Cisco 877W but would much prefer to simply use native IPv6.

Thanks!

-==-
DougM
ISP Representative simon_idnet
(isp) Thu 24-Feb-11 10:57:41
Print Post

Re: Does IDNet Offer IPv6 Support

[re: DougM] [link to this post]

We support IPv6. If your router requests a block then it is assigned during the PPP login.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User DougM
(regular) Thu 24-Feb-11 12:39:33
Print Post

[re: simon_idnet] [link to this post]

Nice, thanks for the information.

Is it possible for a customer to have a prefix statically assigned, or is this limited to dynamic? Ideally I would like to avoid my LAN systems changing prefix any time the PPP session bounces.

-==-
DougM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative simon_idnet
(isp) Thu 24-Feb-11 13:44:53
Print Post

[re: DougM] [link to this post]

IPv6 addresses are assigned dynamically at present. We are planning to cater for static assignments particularly for business customers.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to