User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Lazza
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Feb-11 15:24:06
Print Post

Just Changed to IDNet

[link to this post]

Hi to all you IDNeters, just made the plunge in joining up myself from AAISP. Couldn't fault AAISP's service in the slightest but I just couldn't continue with using them due to the extremely high daytime usage charges.

IDNet have always had a great rep so I don't foresee any troubles in service which is reassuring compared to migrating to other ISP's. Just one question though, I'm sure I remember a while back that IDNet had a special "night rate" or that it was free usage at certain times of the night but I couldn't see this anywhere in the details of their packages.

So does it still exist or did I just confuse this with another ISP? AAISP have this feature which is a nice touch, mind with my usage and the generous IDNet allowance it's not really going to be a factor.
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Thu 24-Feb-11 15:35:15
Print Post

Re: Just Changed to IDNet

[re: Lazza] [link to this post]

there are two allowances, for example - Unlimited uploads and a 24GB (4GB Peak - 9am to midnight, and 20GB off-peak - midnight to 9am)

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 24-Feb-11 15:41:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by Lazza:
I'm sure I remember a while back that IDNet had a special "night rate" or that it was free usage at certain times of the night but I couldn't see this anywhere in the details of their packages.

So does it still exist or did I just confuse this with another ISP? AAISP have this feature which is a nice touch, mind with my usage and the generous IDNet allowance it's not really going to be a factor.
It's shown as the Off-Peak allowance on the product pages, eg here: https://www.idnet.net/solutions/home/broadband/defau...

Off-peak is midnight until 9am.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JNeuhoff
(committed) Thu 24-Feb-11 16:42:50
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Depends upon the package chosen. Also, whether BT supports 21CN ADSL2+ or the still widely spread 20CN MaxDSL.

J.Neuhoff - MHC Web Design
Standard User Lazza
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Feb-11 17:29:00
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

OK then, am I to take it that peak/off peak times still apply at weekends too?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 25-Feb-11 08:57:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by Lazza:
OK then, am I to take it that peak/off peak times still apply at weekends too?
Yes. I queried that with them before joining.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 25-Feb-11 09:01:09
Print Post

[re: JNeuhoff] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by JNeuhoff:
Depends upon the package chosen. Also, whether BT supports 21CN ADSL2+ or the still widely spread 20CN MaxDSL.
Yarwell said
there are two allowances, for example ....
tongue

Now if you had replied to the OP you may have been adding information. But as you replied to yarwell it looks as though you replied in haste.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre.
Standard User Lazza
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 27-Feb-11 15:53:14
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks Bob! I missed that in my haste so cancelled my migration and stayed with A&A, weekend daytimes are probably my highest usage period as the wife catches up on iPlayer etc then.

Ah well, I'll just have to continue being careful with my daytime use in the week. No real problems with A&A anyway, they are as good as IDNet seem to be so not really a problem staying where I am at all. smile
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 27-Feb-11 17:52:33
Print Post

AAISP do indeed seem to be excellent if you can live with the Mon-Fri daytime peanuts.

Print Thread

Jump to