User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Snake
(committed) Tue 08-Mar-11 12:40:03
Print Post

FTTC peak/off peak times

[link to this post]

Hey guys,

Im looking to join IDnet for FTTC soon, just wondering about peak/off peak times? ive going for the Home Fibre pro, which comes with 50GB peak and 150GB off peak. I dont think I will be using that allowance, just curious as to what is the actual peak times?

Snake smile
Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 08-Mar-11 12:43:28
Print Post

Re: FTTC peak/off peak times

[re: Snake] [link to this post]

Same as the other packages- peak is 9am until midnight, offpeak midnight until 9am.

The same times apply at the weekend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Snake
(committed) Tue 08-Mar-11 13:11:56
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

damn weekends as well..... might have to give this a re-think...

im not newsgroup user, I just download ISO images for Linux (test different distributions). but then again 50GB is alot... im sure i dont use more than 40GB a month.

What happens if you go outside your allowance

Snake smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 08-Mar-11 13:20:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by Snake:
As far as speed etc is concerned- absolutely nothing. But at the end of the month you'll get charged £1 for every GB over your allowance. (Usage is per calender month, with a pro rata allowance if you join part way through)

You can track your daily usage on the IDNet main site (updated at midnight) or set a daily RSS feed to get the same thing. Your usage is tracked and if, when extrapolated over the month, you look like exceeding your allowance you'll get an automated email telling you about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 08-Mar-11 13:28:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by billford:
In reply to a post by Snake:
Usage is per calender month, with a pro rata allowance if you join part way through.
Not according to a reply from IDNet support to me?
Hi Bob

The allowance follows the calendar month. So you get the whole February allowance this month.

Regards
xxxxx

On 20 Feb 2011, at 12:52, Bob <bob@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi smile,
>
> Given a start mid-month, is the full allowance available or is it pro-rata(ed)?
>
> Regards - Bob.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 08-Mar-11 13:32:15
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Fair enough, I got that wrong- it's a long while since I joined!

Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User Snake
(committed) Tue 08-Mar-11 19:59:37
Print Post

ok, that's great, i don't mind paying for extra usage, that's better than being put on reduced speed.

so any thng of my allowance i don't use is rolled over? to a max of one month?

Snake smile
Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 08-Mar-11 21:04:19
Print Post

No, there's no roll-over, nor can you pre-buy any extra allowance. You get xxGB/month, it's up to you to manage your downloads within them! Or pay the extra, of course.

At least you don't have to worry about uploads, they're not counted towards your total.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User Snake
(committed) Wed 09-Mar-11 09:25:21
Print Post

Thanks for the info. As I said before I am not no crazy down loader, occasionally may download a few things, but if i go over ill pay the difference.

Not sure if there is anyone else who I should be thinking about. The upload is important, since I run my own web server/DNS and mail server.

Snake smile
  Print Thread

Jump to