User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ARD
(knowledge is power) Fri 11-Mar-11 15:38:42
Print Post

Re: LLU

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

My hunch is that the problem lies between the properties cited in my original post and a pole or the cabinet- somewhere the two lines are close together rather than down at the exchange.

Sync: Was 8128 / 896 + kbps; now interleaved at 8096/896 kbps
IP Profile was 7150 kbps; now 7000 kbps
SNR Margin: 15-12.5 dB
Line Attenuation: 20.0 dB
SpeedTouch 585

I am approximately 930 metres from the exchange (straight line distance)
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 11-Mar-11 16:28:14
Print Post

[re: ARD] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ARD:
My hunch is that the problem lies between the properties cited in my original post and a pole or the cabinet- somewhere the two lines are close together rather than down at the exchange.
Seems almost certain frown. But how you get it sorted is beyond me.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 11-Mar-11 16:36:35
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

What about migrating to AAISP they offer to get an existing line fault fixed within the 1st month ,if they can't then you are free to leave without charges, plus they i believe do roiling monthly contracts too, so that maybe a way forwards,
other than that complain to bt openreach for creating a fault situation on your line,but i doubt that you would get far without proof

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Fri 11-Mar-11 16:52:40
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
What about migrating to AAISP they offer to get an existing line fault fixed within the 1st month ,if they can't then you are free to leave without charges, plus they i believe do roiling monthly contracts too, so that maybe a way forwards,

I know someone who did this, and AAISP managed to persuade BT after enough events to resolve the really obscure problem . His line went from just about 1.5meg to 7.5meg. (Small country exchange, 20CN only).

The problem was water damage to the roof of the exchange, and it was dripping exactly onto his line card. His previous ISP was a corporate BTbusiness connection; and after 4 years they claimed his line was only capable of 1.5meg and there was nothing they could do.

So AAISP works, if you have the money.

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM
Standard User ARD
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Mar-11 10:46:40
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

That's a great tip! I'll visit their website. Thanks! smile However, I'd like IDNet to work through this issue with me and will be in contact againnext week. Meanwhile, I'm continuing to monitor the situation.

SpeedTouch 585

Standard User ARD
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Mar-11 10:50:25
Print Post

Re: AAISP

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I'm still enjoying speeds of 6-7 mbps but won't for long if stability issues continue o get worse. I'll look into AAISP but will be in touch with IDNet at some stage in the coming week.

SpeedTouch 585

Standard User ARD
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Mar-11 13:01:20
Print Post

Interesting Update

[re: ARD] [link to this post]

First, thanks to everybody who read my initial post and responded with their thoughts on the matteróincluding a touch of much needed humour. laugh

Secondly, Simon from IDNet phoned this morning and we ran through the events since the afternoon of 3 March. I received the professional and pleasant support service that is a key factor in attracting many punters to IDNet-- plus the offer of a test router. There was no loss of sync yesterday; Iíve had one drop this morning. No obvious pattern is emerging.

My trusty SpeedTouch is packed away for the time being and the BT Voyager is at the test socket. Itís a case of time will tell, I suppose, but itís good to know Simon is on the case.

SpeedTouch 585

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to