User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Peterx14
(committed) Sat 26-Mar-11 00:35:52
Print Post

Some routes failing?

[link to this post]

As of 20 past midnight, I seem to be having problems getting to some addresses, e.g. slashdot.org and node2.bbcimg.co.uk (used for some content on the BBC news website).
Text
$ tracepath 216.34.181.45
 1:  local                             0.114ms pmtu 1500 1:  192.168.0.1                                           1.481ms 
 1:  192.168.0.1                                           1.409ms  2:  telehouse-gw2-lo1.idnet.net                          29.004ms 
 3:  telehouse-gw5-e4-400.idnet.net                       29.741ms  4:  telehouse-gw3-g0-1-400.idnet.net                     29.231ms asymm  3 
 5:  no reply 6:  no reply
 7:  no reply

I've checked and these addresses are reachable from elsewhere, just not via my IDNet connection!

--
IDNet Home Plus
Standard User ThePurpleOne
(regular) Sat 26-Mar-11 00:40:49
Print Post

Re: Some routes failing?

[re: Peterx14] [link to this post]

Same here. Looks like a router failure.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 26-Mar-11 00:48:13
Print Post

I can't reach slashdot, but the BBC url is OK.

OTOH my 1and1 mail is timing out...

Shortly after midnight is when BT often start work that may be disruptive... who knows? crazy

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 26-Mar-11 00:50:03
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

slashdot fine on BE

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User Peterx14
(committed) Sat 26-Mar-11 01:07:07
Print Post

As long as it's not just me! laugh

Re slashdot.org, I've just confirmed that I still can't reach it via IDNet, but I can via an SSH tunnel to dreamhost.com -- so the site is running fine.

--
IDNet Home Plus
Standard User Peterx14
(committed) Sat 26-Mar-11 01:09:54
Print Post

Ohhh.... it's literally just started working again!

--
IDNet Home Plus
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 26-Mar-11 01:12:44
Print Post

Quite a few reports on IDNetters, and some indication that it's been happening more often recently. And not just to IDNet!

I seem to be able to reach UK sites OK, some overseas ones seem to be the most problematic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 26-Mar-11 01:14:04
Print Post

Yup, same here- my 1and1 mail has just arrived smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 26-Mar-11 01:20:36
Print Post

Spoke too soon- down again frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

ISP Representative simon_idnet
(isp) Sat 26-Mar-11 09:16:29
Print Post

BT had a problem in the Stepney Green Exchange which houses the 21CN Metronode that serves IDNet in Telehouse. The problem has been resolved but we do not currently have any further information as to what the problem was.
Simon
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to