User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Snake
(committed) Sat 16-Apr-11 18:43:52
Print Post

FTTC connection just died and no one to call

[link to this post]

Hi,

My FTTC dsl light has died on my OpenReach modem, and ive left a message and sent an email. With no response in over two hours. Will this mean im basically out of luck until Monday?

ive checked everything the cable to the socket etc.. nothing. Considering nothing has been touched for over a month, I doubt its anything on my side. Powering the Openreach modem on/off does produce anything either.

Anyone know how to get this escalated.

Snake smile
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 16-Apr-11 19:00:20
Print Post

Re: FTTC connection just died and no one to call

[re: Snake] [link to this post]

I think they're a bit busy at the moment, there's other problems as well, but if you've lost connection completely then somebody should get back to you when they check the phones etc.

They'll probably have to arrange a visit from a BT engineer (that's what happened when I lost sync last weekend), and BT engineers don't seem to work weekends. So you'll probably be without FTTC until Monday frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com _______________Planes and Cars and ..._______________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Snake
(committed) Sat 16-Apr-11 19:17:17
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

I suppose I was spoilt form Be* where they would have people atleast answer the phone, so you knew someone was working on the issue.

I can't believe I will have to wait till Monday.

Snake smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User griff_90
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 16-Apr-11 19:21:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by Snake:
I suppose I was spoilt form Be* where they would have people atleast answer the phone, so you knew someone was working on the issue.

Consider yourself lucky this didn't happen near Christmas. Idnet close support for over two weeks!

I was with Be before and like you say even it there was a fault at 4am someone was their to answer the phone.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 16-Apr-11 19:28:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by Snake:
I'm just going by what happened to me... if IDNet can persuade a BT engineer to get off his backside you might not have to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com _______________Planes and Cars and ..._______________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User andyboygsi
(member) Sat 16-Apr-11 20:03:52
Print Post

i tell you this one thing, right now there are no openreach engineers sitting on their [censored], and comments like this do not help those of us that come on here and offer support

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.

BTBroadband
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sat 16-Apr-11 20:13:53
Print Post

[re: andyboygsi] [link to this post]

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/3992617-re-...

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

Standard User andyboygsi
(member) Sat 16-Apr-11 20:26:34
Print Post

that is untrue, care level dictates whether you get weekend appointments they do not usually issue appts for sunday however let it be known that end users are being dealt with 7 days a week, we are all working very hard to restore any issues and meet installation dates.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.

BTBroadband
Standard User Snake
(committed) Sat 16-Apr-11 20:29:59
Print Post

[re: griff_90] [link to this post]

Well I got reply and I just need to wait now. I am hoping its something they can fix quickly.

Snake smile
Standard User andyboygsi
(member) Sat 16-Apr-11 20:33:05
Print Post

if its permanently off first thing to check for myself would be the modem, then secondly if there is sync at the pcp. i think you will find it will be easily resolved when the guy/gal arrives on-site

BTBroadband
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to