User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-May-11 12:46:03
Print Post

Re: BT Keep Calling about Infinity

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
if someone's phone line is on BT rental then the TPS doesn't apply to them.
Eh? BT even offer TPS as part of BT Privacy at Home. TPS works for me.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 30-May-11 13:27:02
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

It doesn't apply to companies of which you are a customer. Though many have opt-outs from marketing and "other information which you may find useful blah blah etc. etc".

You may have noticed that many of the opt-out/ins don't mention the company itself though. Only subsidiaries/associated and so on.

The main ignorers these days seem to be the "your computer has a virus" type. Others are fairly rare but not absent.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-May-11 14:17:10
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I have had a few calls from companies that I am a customer of. I politely tell themnot to call in future and ask for their line manager, I take a recording and finally state any more calls and I will take my business elsewher. This always stops the calls, permanently.

Alf
------------------------------------
smile IDNET Happiness Online smile
I am in no way employed or connected with IDnet other than as a customer.

Idnetters Official Forums

There are 11 kinds of people, those who understand binary, those who don't and those who don't care.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Techworld
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 15-Jun-11 19:09:49
Print Post

[re: cavillas] [link to this post]

That's a bit harsh tbh, these people are only trying to earn their crust..

Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Jun-11 20:02:12
Print Post

[re: Techworld] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Techworld:
That's a bit harsh tbh, these people are only trying to earn their crust..

But they are not entitled to call me unannounced at times that are inconvenient for me, they are invading my privacy and I will answer them as I please in my own home, they are uninvited and unwelcome, I do the same to anyone who calls at the door as well. If I want a service or wish to buy something then I set the process up no one else.

Alf

There are 11 kinds of people, those who understand binary, those who don't and those who don't care.
Standard User Techworld
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 15-Jun-11 21:11:53
Print Post

Fred, would you rather see these people unemployed and swallowing up your taxes instead?

Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Fri 17-Jun-11 16:50:14
Print Post

[re: Techworld] [link to this post]

Fred, would you rather see these people unemployed and swallowing up your taxes instead?

Who's Fred? I am retired and I still don't need people pestering me day and night on the phone trying to sell me things I don't want, need or can afford. If I need anything I go and buy it on my own terms. No one worried about me being out of work because comapnies went out of business and they didn't care if they never bought anything of me as a milkman relying on commission, so I don't worry about the problems of people trying to make a living by annoying me and causing me inconveniance in MY OWN home.

Alf

Standard User annie96
(member) Wed 06-Sep-17 07:21:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by cavillas:

Who's Fred? I am retired and I still don't need people pestering me day and night on the phone trying to sell me things I don't want, need or can afford. If I need anything I go and buy it on my own terms. No one worried about me being out of work because comapnies went out of business and they didn't care if they never bought anything of me as a milkman relying on commission, so I don't worry about the problems of people trying to make a living by annoying me and causing me inconveniance in MY OWN home.

I agree with every single word. My home should be my sanctuary.

May I ask is one of the companies that has done this to you IDnet? Because I need to switch providers.

PS I also now have a no zendesk policy.Any company that sends their stuff through them & stores my info (including phone call recordings) in the USA with them. I stop using.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Broadband & Static IP
Standard User Tacitus
(experienced) Wed 06-Sep-17 18:33:44
Print Post

[re: annie96] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by annie96:
May I ask is one of the companies that has done this to you IDnet? Because I need to switch providers.
iDNet are unlikely to be involved in cold calling. More likely is that the call centre doing it has a list of numbers and they go through them one by one. The fact they're based in India means they're immune to the caller preference service.

Also if they're using VOIP it's relatively easy to spoof a number such that it appears to originate within the UK despite the call centre being based in India or just about anywhere.

Edited by Tacitus (Wed 06-Sep-17 18:36:14)

Standard User annie96
(member) Thu 07-Sep-17 06:18:17
Print Post

iDNet are unlikely to be involved in cold calling.

Yeah thanks smile
But I'm asking Cavillas specifically because HE is the one experiencing it & HE says he is with IDnet

Originally written by Cavillas

But they are not entitled to call me unannounced at times that are inconvenient for me, they are invading my privacy and I will answer them as I please in my own home, they are uninvited and unwelcome, I do the same to anyone who calls at the door as well. If I want a service or wish to buy something then I set the process up no one else.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to